Entire (re)installation of a 'Sexlabed' Skyrim with Mod Organizer?

Swyke

Sorry, I am sure this has been asked at least a hundred times. But I've searched the forum and asked google, but I can't find the informations I need ... or better: I am not sure about the informations I found. Maybe it's because english is not my first language ... some things are obviously outdated and some thing I am not sure ...

So ... what's my problem?

I HAD a propper running Skyrim/Sexlab installation twice. The first time I installed everything manually, next time I used Mod Organizer, but as I was unpatient I installed some mods manualy again, as MO didn't liked them ... or maybe I didn't understand how to install them with MO. So after installing, updating and deinstalling to much mods, I had to much CTDs once again, and now I decided to make an entire new installation.

But THIS TIME I want to make it real good.

The 'basic-installation' should be a Skyrim/Sexlab installation with all it's requirements, and it should be ready for use with the 'beeing female' mod. So I need SKSE, X32, FNIS, CBBE and some 'beauty-mods'. Some recomendations? I don't want a complete overhaul, but the vanilla-PC is much to ugly.

Well, and last time I wasn't able to install a most of this mods with MO.

So, do you have any suggestions and recomendations about the things I have to care for, if I want to make a basic Sexlab/BeeingFemale installation with MO?

As I had a lot of problems with it last time, Is it possible, usefull (and if: how) to install FNIS, CBBE, Sexlab ... with MO?

Is it usefull to use NMM, too? (I've found a tutorial for FNIS installation with NMM but do I need it?)

I am sure I will have more questions, but that is all for now.

Thank you for your help!

Personally I have never figured out how to make certain things work with mod organizer. I always manually install my body files (CBBE and skeleton), FNIS, SKSE and SkUI. Then I install all the Sexlab related mods through MO, making sure to run FNIS and SKSE through MO.

The biggest reason I install CBBE manually is that I can't figure out how to make Outfit Studio/Bodyslide work if they aren't in the real game directory.

I did a completely new install of Skyrim/ Sexlab recently after a lot of files became "corrupted". This time around I decided to use ONLY Mod Organizer and not NMM. And it works very well indeed.

On Nexus I found a good installation guide (see this link) which helped me a lot, also in understanding how things function. Regarding the installation guide: if you don't want to move the Steam- directory, you don't have to! I did, but it caused me quite a few issues, so did the whole things again, but without moving the Steam-directory. but, that is entirely up to you of course.

If you decide to follow this guide, I have another tip: Install your "beauty mods" before starting the game and playing through Helgen. I didn't at first and got stuck with the ugly vanilla NPC/PC textures.

Anyway, I hope this helps a bit. And good luck!

- V.

I just recently started using MO, but here is a YouTube video that helped me get started. Maybe it'll have something you're looking for,

Personally I have never figured out how to make certain things work with mod organizer. I always manually install my body files (CBBE and skeleton), FNIS, SKSE and SkUI. Then I install all the Sexlab related mods through MO, making sure to run FNIS and SKSE through MO.

The biggest reason I install CBBE manually is that I can't figure out how to make Outfit Studio/Bodyslide work if they aren't in the real game directory.

As for you Bobbert, I believe I know what you problem is. You have to run BodySlide through MO. Since you already added and run FNIS through MO, adding and running BodySlide is the same process and should fix your problems with getting it to work properly. The only hard part is finding where the BodySlide.exe is hiding. For me it's at:

ModOrganizer Directory:\\mods\Calientes Female Body Mod Big Bottom Edition -CBBE-\CalienteTools\BodySlide\BodySlide.exe

I have and use BodySlide 2, which I highly recommend if you don't already use it, and it's directory is located at:

ModOrganizer Directory:\\mods\BodySlide 2 and Outfit Studio\CalienteTools\BodySlide\BodySlide.exe

(MO = Mod Organizer)

It's not that difiicult if you got it once ;)

First recommendation: Do the tutorials provided by MO itself. They are in English, but you can understand them, and the help you.

Second: Go through Skyrim STEP (google it) for a clean installation of the vanilla game. You don't need anything, but I recommend to go at least until the end of Point 2.E and then jump to 2.M and do anything until the end. (You may ignore DDSopt, it just compresses graphics for faster loading speed).

If you have a powerful computer (look at the specs provided by STEP) then I would do the whole thing, the game will look much better afterwards.

Third: Download and install any mod you want with any requirement needed

- Don't double the requirements ;)

- Check the requirements of the requirements. And the requirements of the requirements of the requirements ... You got it.

Forth: Bind FNIS, Bodyslide, SKSE (should go automatic, if not, close and reopen MO) and anything else into MO like the tutorial explained. Bodyslide can be found in its mod folder, just like the FNIS tool is found in the FNIS mod folder.

Fifth: Run the programs on after another. After every exe there are files in the mod called Overwrite at the very end of the left panel mod list. So right click on it and do "Create mod". Call it eg FNIS Output.

Do the same for every other program.

Sixth: Start SKSE through MO and have fun ;)

Finaly I managed to install all files with MO (except of BodySlide2, which I can run with MO at least)

Especially the video you can find here is extremely helpfull (installing fnis with MO): http://wiki.step-project.com/Fores_New_Idles_in_Skyrim

To refund the help you've given me, I had planed to write down all steps for a basic sexlab installation within a working pregnancy/beeingfemale framework, but untill now I had to play around with too many different caliente/Bodyslide/maternityclothes etc. mods, and sadly my new installation isn't as stable as I hoped. Still I have frequent CTDs especially at the end of a sexlab animation.

Thank you all for your help!

Guest jenny2011

I recently reinstalled everything in Skyrim using MO - full Sexlab suite, mods, FNIS, Bodyslide 2, everything all in MO.

NMM has become completely pointless for me now. MO has LOOT mod sorting (the best mod sorter) built in, and FNIS and Bodyslide can be added as executables using MO.

Archived