[WIP] Hybrid Companions

rangedphoenix

I appreciate the feedback, but I was hoping for more of an actual picture or something that could give me some ideas on what to do. In response to your ideas though, I offer the following.

1. I agree. To be honest, I'm actually going to try and do something really unusual with the cat girl, in that, if you let enemies start hitting her, she's going to run the fuck away, and you're going to be on your own for a while.

2. I would probably give the dog-girl heavy armor if anyone were to get heavy armor (see 4). I like the idea of them being more protective of their friend (or mate, depending on how close you are to them.)

3. Honestly, like I've said before, I don't really plan on having the kitsune be a follower, but I might change my mind on that, we'll see. She'll definitely be wearing cloth of some kind though, that much I can promise.

4. I'm prettymuch planning on having the dragon girl go full nude, using her "scales" as her protection. (Don't worry, she'll be able to handle it, I'll give her a perk to ensure her survival in all but the harshest of fights.)

Anyways, I think I have the premise on which you meet the non-dragons. It won't be a pretty one, trust me.

Problem is, there's just too many choices to go around and since I did propose the change of attire that also indicates the level of intimacy you're probably going cuckoo if everyone is to pile their ideas here though I'm not sure whether you'll use this particular idea. Therefore, I just opt for the general idea and let you have your own decisions implemented. Better not drown the whole mod dead before we even get to test it.

1) A cowardly follower? Well, nothing odd about that since I did have my share of such followers playing games. Have her act like those thieves we meet during travel. Instead of "asking us nicely" to hand over the loot, she would randomly steal something we have equipped and brought back to her hideout of some sort. Have that happen three times as we track her down and corner her in her own territory before she gave up and decided to join. Her preposition should be a bit on the low side to begin with.

2) Happy to be of service on this. As for how to show her protectiveness from the get-go, have her protecting a caravan of sort from monsters when we meet her. We need to help save the people. The more we save, the better the initial impression.

3) Well, she doesn't really need to be a follower for us to get "familiar" with her. Something of a talk system should do the trick where we can woo her during our free time. We can have her become a quest giver to point us to the rest of the ladies if you don't plan on making her a follower. Can start absolutely neutral.

4) Since you plan on the "nakedness" approach. You can probably consider giving her some sort of a boost for reaching a certain intimacy level (e.g. Health Boost, Damage Boost) or the reverse if she despises us. Another idea is to have her unlock more attack patterns as you build up her intimacy meter. Maybe even have us fight her outright when we first meet her in her dragon form (you'll probably need to have a custom textured dragon implemented). As for why she remains in humanoid form? Well, Dovahkiin did beat her flat out while being a human (well, shouts aside...). Has the worst impression of the players to begin with.

5) Maybe if we somehow made them hate us too much, we need to do run some errands (or try persuading those that ran away) in order to get them back.

I need to go to sleep now. Maybe something I suggested here would help in some way.

Could really use some feedback, so I'm going to post this here, and see what people think. This is another iteration of the top for the cat-girl.

As for intimacy, honestly, I'm planning on locking more of their "intimate" reactions behind how close you are to them. It has always seemed odd to me just how easy so many NPCs in skyrim are to proposition, and I'm planning on fixing that. Unfortunately, most of those mods don't have a forbidden faction, so I have to use sexlab's forbidden faction instead.

As for their backstory, I'm honestly planning on having it revolve around the experiments of a perverted old man. More on that later though.

*Edit* Finished the design for the other outfit for the cat-girl. Will probably reveal a full picture of it tomorrow.

post-161386-0-85117300-1410547767_thumb.jpg

I cant believe there is a thread for this lmao. I have been trying to make my own version of a hybrid race that I have found but I don't want to link bc I don't have permission and do not know how to get ahold of the modder. But he only has a few select body styles for the custom race I am not a modder at all so I tried putting another custom body and almost got it with a few mesh problems... The body is UN7B by Alan and H2CO3 from ANK (www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54814/?)  and im needing some advice on how to fix the mesh problems ill post some pics of my issues.....

post-455000-0-46599400-1410594122_thumb.jpg

post-455000-0-80099800-1410594137_thumb.jpg

post-455000-0-30175300-1410594155_thumb.jpg

Well, I promised I would show the current WIP design for the cat-girl today, so here it is.

I like that first design though. I'll probably give that a try at some point. As for a kimono, I don't think I can really model well enough yet to capture all the intricacy that a kimono has.

*Edit* I do still need to tweak the cat-girl outfit to make a spot for her tail to fit through... For some reason, I keep forgetting about doing that...

post-161386-0-62425400-1410617689_thumb.jpg

Well, I promised I would show the current WIP design for the cat-girl today, so here it is.

I like that first design though. I'll probably give that a try at some point. As for a kimono, I don't think I can really model well enough yet to capture all the intricacy that a kimono has.

*Edit* I do still need to tweak the cat-girl outfit to make a spot for her tail to fit through... For some reason, I keep forgetting about doing that...

How high up on her backside does the tail start? If it's high enough, you could have the skirt dip below her tail so it lays over it, rather than poking from under it or through a hole. It would also mean that the skirt would lay low on her waistline in parts.

The tail uses the "anatomically correct" vanilla placement. Once I see it closer, I'll probably be able to angle it better, but I actually started work on the kitsune outfit. I was afraid it was going to look too much like that one sage outfit on the nexus, but I think its starting to take on a look all its own.

If you've seen the tail I converted, it actually looks shocking similar to that, honestly. Probably won't have the tail "poke out" under the skirt though, because that would ruin the entire point of it. Plus, tails look EXTREMELY different ingame, versus how they look in max.

I'm thinking for now I'm going to just delay working on the male parts of things, because even with just the female outfits and such, I have a lot on my plate. Not really sure what I'm going to do with the dragon hybrid at this point, because, like I've said previously, the claw meshes I had before actually turned out to be extremely tedious to convert.

*Edit* I've mostly finished the initial design on the kitsune outfit. Just need to add some more things to it first.

That's nice, but I've already almost finished the kitsune's outfit. I'm really just waiting to get a particular person's thoughts on the tastefulness of it at this point. Those tail-holes... (No, not that kind of tail-hole, pervs)

*Edit* Finally got a working prototype of the kitsune dress. It turned out so much worse than I was expecting though...

*Edit2* Time for a new poll question. I have a feeling I already know how this one will go, but... We'll see.

*Edit3* More updates before long, hopefully.

*Edit4* Neko outfit ended up being a complete disaster ingame... ugh...

post-161386-0-62312000-1410755768_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Figure its time for a little progress update, or, in the case, a lack of progress update. In fact, I believe I actually managed to do the impossible an achieve reverse progress, as you will see soon.

First of all, the tail I was using for the kitsune is gone. I completely removed my skyrim folder for reinstallation, and forgot to make a backup of the tail. I've tried several different times since then to remake the tail, but have had absolutely no success in replicating it. Every time, skyrim refuses to render it, even though the mesh itself is fine. That's a pretty devastating loss, but... I don't really have any choice but to abandon trying to reconvert it.

I have also came up with the final names for each of the non-dragon girls. The dog-girl will now be called Aria, the kitsune will be named Hikari, and the neko will be named Lyre. I've also done some more thinking about their unique appearances, as I will describe below.

I do have a game plan for how to handle hairs right now, but I'm currently trying to figure out how to handle their eyes. I would like to give Lyre some cat eyes, but have yet to find ones that aren't excessively permission protected. I would also like Aria to have heterochromia. Ideally, one of her eyes will be white, and the other will be golden. Hikari (as of right now) I don't have any special plans for. If any of you have seen eyes like I've described above though, I'd like to know about them.

For now, I'm gathering necessary resources together to make them, planning, and also learning the limitations of mod organizer, because there's no way in hell I'm losing important files to a skyrim deletion again... (That tail wasn't the only thing that was lost in the shuffle, but... I digress.)

*Edit* I'm not going to pretend that I'm incredibly motivated either. I'm really only working on this when the mood strikes me. Currently, the issues I am having with facegen are pretty soul-crushing...

*Edit2* Just throwing a crazy idea out here... What about a bunny girl? /shrug

*Edit3* Doubt anyone even reads this once it goes off the first page, but.... whatever. Finally figured out what was causing the tail to go all wonky, and managed to successfully convert a new one. There is currently four color options for it, but I'm not sure if I will use these extra colors yet.

The kitsune outfit is more or less ready to go, but it will need some tweaking to fit the repositioned tail. More on that later, probably.

• 2 months later...

Archived