Need some help with reinstalling Oblivion from a backed up folder

I've recently reformatted my computer but backed up my entire steamapps folder (therefore, my entire Oblivion folder) beforewards.

I was wondering how exactly I can use that folder to use my old mods without having to reinstall anything.

What I did so far was to download and install Oblivion from Steam, boot it up at least once and install Wrye Bash and OBMM on the game's folder. Can I now just copy and paste everything from my old Oblivion folder and overwrite everything? Or should I not overwrite the new Wrye Bash and OBMM files?

Hmm, something seems to be wrong. After following those steps, I tried to rebuild my Bashed Patch and it gave me 'no files selected'. After restarting Wrye Bash a few times, I've managed to rebuild it.

Booted the game up, the font seems to be back to the game's vanilla font, and when I try to load a backup save which had the exact same mods I had backed up, it says the 'some content stored in this save is no longer available' message and it CTDs if I try to load that save.

Tried to load my mods on TES4Edit, no errors found. Starting a new game also seems to make me CTD.

...how did I mess that up?

Weird. Don't know exactly what happened there. I've reinstalled the game and told Steam to verify the integrity of it's cache again. Some stuff were downloaded again but this time starting a new game worked normally. Loading my saves also 'work'... except my game freezes when it starts loading the mods and their messages start appearing on the screen.

At the very least the mods itself are functional and I can start a new game.

Archived