Custom voice for custom race?

Myst42

Hello!

I could use some help with something

I have lots of custom races, which have been silent till present day, but I was directed to some files which would make perfect voices for a few of these races and characters

I thought, it was enough to use the CS to direct the path of a race's voice to a folder named identical to the race under Oblivion/Data/Sound/Voices/[Custom Race]/F-M

I remember a long time ago I had a few downloaded races in which power attacks and hits sounded like anime, But now for some reason, it doesn't work with the same set up

Am I missing something?

If I ever want to put those files replacing the vanilla generic greetings and other things, first I need how to make them work  :s

Generally speaking, voice files should be placed in Oblivion\Data\Sound\Voice\[ModName.ModExtension]\RaceName\[F\M]\

The files should be called whatever the CS tells you. All lower case, though I'm not one hundred percent certain it has to be case sensitive.

Now, for custom races, you need to place them in Oblivion\Data\Sound\Voice\Oblivion.esm\RaceName\[F\M]\

NVM 

Found it

I confused the RaceID with the Race Name

Turns out voice type in "race" window in CS, points out to race ID while the folder needs to be named like the race's name

Anyway...

Anyone know exactly what would I need to make this mod work for a custom race? I mean... for NPC custom race

I'm thinking of renaming files... all which I find in vanilla voices for a race which could be replaced and put them in custom race's folder

But there's still the issue of additional comments and stuff... Not sure if it's gonna work

I'll repeat: every file should be named according to what the CS tells you. Where do you check? In the dialog editor. Double-click a dialog line as if you want to edit it and it will have the correct file name in the window that pops up.

Here's a picture:

post-306824-0-90113400-1408225307_thumb.jpg

If you downloaded a voice pack that's meant to replace vanilla dialog voice, it should be game-ready so drag & drop might work.

Anyway the initial issue is fixed, the work is still on process

I'm only asking cause I've never messed with sound before.

That mod changes PC voice only, and it comes with folders named like the vanilla races.

I'm trying to do 2 things

-Put those to work for my custom race

-Put a few of those to work for NPC companion, there are others, but ideally, the less esps the better. Not looking for a "fully voiced" companion with quests and stuff, just a way of replacing enough things to make it sound decent when "hello" or "goodbye" or anything else a normal companion would say, is said

Archived