Problem Installing Female Body Replacer on new Install

I've been trying to install the SPB Curvaceous body mod however I've been met with failure at every turn. Installing through OBMM causes skeleton stretch no matter how many times I drop in the universal skeleton nif. And taking the body meshes and dropping them straight into the data folder just causes the game to revert back to the vanilla body. This is on a clean install of Oblivion GOTY on steam. Installing Roberts for males with OBMM worked just fine. I've also done the Archive Invalidation in OBMM (Utilities > Archive Invalidation: Select BSA Redirection; Update Now; Close) unless I did it wrong? Any input would be great.

Greetings.

Are you talking about the Trashdog 's SPB Curvaceous body/Shop mod  or from one mod downloaded from SPB site/blog ?

I don't know what the " GOTY" is ( and my Obivion don't came from that "infamous" steam system ... don't take offense , but i hate "Steam" since their updates ruined my custom Skyrim mods ... i loose a few months to repair them  but that's another story) .

I've tried by the past the Trashdog 's Curvaceous mod without problem ( but i don't use Growlf universal Skeleton) probably with a "Deedees Skeleton found in the Electrro's Body Designer Spell mod ( or something like that ... not sure of the name ) . Now , most of the time ,  i use the LAPF Skeleton ( but without any LAPF based mods) .

I don't use OBBM too , so i cannot help you with OBBM issues . Sorry.

And there is a long time i never used "Archive Invalidation " ( last time that was with the Growlf's Hot body mod 3.1 if i remember well) ... without problem of course. 

I just use OBSE  ( needed for VIPCXJ or Add1k1 highheels system ... and some others ).

Cheers.

PS : i suppose that by " clean install " , you mean that it include also the right patch ? ( my Oblivion is a french version + S.I - french, of course - and the official patch is the one for S.I french ... if you install first the one only for Oblivion, i 'll ruin your installation by adding another patch. So be carefull with the patch you want to use. It must be the same as your language version .)

There is already a patch on the S.I Dvd support , but that's not enought , it was written for the old version ( not the 1.2.0416)

Just tried loading it up into my game, worked perfectly fine(although it seems my computer is reading OBMM as a corrupt file, despite the program running..).

Have you installed HGEC textures yet? Could be the problem with the latter problem. As for the former, don't know why it wouldn't work with Cornera's skeleton(I'm currently using LAPF's).

do you use wayn bash     you might have installed already a mod with different skeleton  in a bash patch  ?

or simply you have installed a mod  that points on  a different skeleton and have the  priority  in this cas it is getting complicat  !

as obmm never get any install probleme .

Well, this is weird.

So apparently um... The Frostcrag Spire, Thieves Den, and Spell Tome DLCs were causing the skeleton to not work properly for some reason... when I opened up Wrye Bash, all three were in red, so when I disabled them, the stretch effect disappeared. -_-This is on a new, otherwise mod-less install by the way.

To be honest, I don't really care for any of those, although Spell Tomes was somewhat useful, but if I wanted to get these to work, would I need to reinstall the game again? Or something else?

It's a bit strange to see Frostcrag Spire, Thieves Den, and Spell Tome DLCs causing mesh or skeleton issues. If you are using Wrye Bash and a Bashed Patch, as a test I'd enable them again and review your Bashed Patch.ESP in CS/E. Review the skeleton that's being called up in a sample character and it's location. 

Also what else is being loaded as an OMOD via OBMM? With OBMM loading and unloading an OMOD file adds or removes the resources each time, unless you have a bugged OMOD. Are any of your other OMODs loading a skeleton? 

To me this reads like something is overriding the SPB Curvaceous body mod.

Archived