Existing NPC -turned- into Vampire > Mismatching face issue!

MonaBabii

Hello!

I know at this point I must be the only person on earth who doesn't know how to fix/work-around this issue, but I'm just that slow when it comes to modding and using tools >_<

Problem: I use the mod Better Vampires and a custom body and skin textures in my game (UNPB and the Real Girls skin), and today I decided to turn Lydia (my current follower) into a vampire. Now she has a "grey face" (which is not really grey I don't think, just a very harsh color mismatch between her face and rest of the body), and I don't know how to fix that D:

I know that I can temporarily fix it by changing their weight via "setnpcweight 1-100" but as soon as we change cells her face goes back to being bugged.

I have also read that it's possible to fix this using the CK but... again, I'm very slow, don't even have the CK (downloaded it once to work on a tiny SL mod) and wouldn't want to just start pressing buttons and risk breaking something beyond repair >_<

It's also worth mentioning I'm using Mod Manager. Well, not sure if it's actually worth mentioning but hey who knows...

Can anyone help me with this please? If there is an actual fix through the Creation Kit, could someone explain to me in detail how to fix it, or point me towards a guide for super-beginners lol D: I have seen posts from people that are suffering from this bug, but their problems are either due to installing -new NPCs/followers-, or installing things like hair mods and what not, and while I have no real clue what I'm talking about here I do believe that my issue is probably different/probably has a different work-around (but then again, not entirely sure <_<)

Anyway. Thanks a ton in advance to anyone willing to help out!

Cheers!

EDIT: I remembered how to install the Creation Kit but that's as far as I can get on my own >_<

EDIT 2: I gave it a go looking at a guide in a Youtube video, and... things happened.

I opened the CK through Mod Organizer, selected only Skyrim.esm and hit OK (warnings appeared and I just hit Yes to all to ignore them all as everyone seems to suggest doing that).

Once it loaded, I used the filter "Housecarlwhiterun" which is apparently Lydia's name in the CK and double-clicked the "object".

More warnings showed up, this time more than before, and after ignoring them all I could see Lydia's head in the preview window, however she had this very dark red thick stripe across her forehead. I paid no attention as I figured it was just something that was supposed to happen somehow...

After selecting the checkbox "Head", I made sure the "CharGen" checkbox was not checked/enabled, and simply went and clicked OK.

Selected her object/id, and then pressed CTRL + F4, and picked yes to export.

I close the CK without saving and immediately fire up Skyrim. Lydia no longer has the grey face, but now she has that thick red stripe across her forehead I saw in the CK D: ... At this point I took a long shot and selected her through the console and changed her weight, see if that would fix it... Nope. That made her entire head disappear, and not even reloading an earlier save would get her head back D:

At this point I exit Skyrim, go into the "override" folder in Mod Organizer, delete the newly created/exported files, and go back into skyrim.

Now her head is back and looks just as it did before turning her into a vampire, with makeup and all... but now her lips don't move when she speaks >_<!

Then I decided to cure her vampirism see if that would at least fix what I screwed up, and it did. Then I bit her again to turn her into a vampire once more, and all in all... I went straight back into square one ._.

Can anyone spot if I did anything wrong? D: I believe some of the errors/warnings that showed when I loaded her settings in the CK (double clicking on her on the list) were telling me something about some shiny files or something... something related to skins maybe, I have no clue x_x

Also, do I need to "create my own mod/.esp" when saving these Ck changes?

I've tried many things but nothing works. If I edit her tint values by editing her in the CK changing her values to 0 I can (according to what I heard) make her makeup invisible basically, so she won't have the dark forehead and no grey face issue, but no matter what method I try her lips stop moving when she talks :( Is that yet another issue?

There's an MCM option in Better Vampires to not change vampire's appearance

(Also, there's no real point in doing it since the feature seems more like an afterthought than anything else)

I heard there could be problems by not affecting the character's appearance. But even if there weren't I really do want to change their appearance though D: There must be a way to get around all of these issues >_< I just don't know how to do it sadly.

Thanks for the reply either way.

copy and rename this files:

\data\textures\actors\character\female 

femalehead.dds --> femaleheadvampire.dds

femalehead_msn.dds --> femaleheadvampire_msn.dds

\data\textures\actors\character\male 

malehead.dds --> maleheadvampire.dds

malehead_msn.dds --> maleheadvampire_msn.dds

;)  

;)  

I did this and it worked for my character, but Lydia doesn't seem to get that work-around applied on her :( haven't checked on any other "vanilla/default/generic" vampires since I did this though so can't say if it worked on them, but would be willing to bet it didn't D:

;)  

I did this and it worked for my character, but Lydia doesn't seem to get that work-around applied on her :( haven't checked on any other "vanilla/default/generic" vampires since I did this though so can't say if it worked on them, but would be willing to bet it didn't D:

sorry, I forgot also 
femalehead_s.dds --> femaleheadvampire_s.dds
and femalehead_sk.dds --> femaleheadvampire_sk.dds

(and male version of course)

;)  

sorry, I forgot also 
femalehead_s.dds --> femaleheadvampire_s.dds
and femalehead_sk.dds --> femaleheadvampire_sk.dds

(and male version of course)

I'm almost 100% positive I didn't touch those... so that *could* be just it lol. Thank you again for the reply and I'll test that out as soon as possible :) always a hassle to tweak these files via Mod Organizer lol

Nope :( She still has the grey face bug even after adding/replace/renaming those new head files you mentioned :( Or what you're saying is I should try the whole CK exporting thing again now that these files are where they are?

I do not know  :( 
I also had the same problem and I solved it by copying those files..
I was hoping that would work.. but apparently not enough in your case.. sry

Yeah :( I just went through the CK process again but no luck. With those new files you suggested in place (still wasn't working) I went ahead and did all the steps I said in the first post, and I got back to where I was; I manage to get rid of the gray face and the dark forehead but her lips won't move/open when she talks (and god knows what else could be wrong that I can't see).

Thank you anyway though for trying to help :) Still looking for a way, there MUST be one lol :/

Archived