Hair physics overwrites your HDT setting

shadow866

Hello.

I have noticed that if you use hdt hair physics like

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/47000/?

Your current hdt xml settings(bounce and stuff) are changed to the hdt settings of the hair.

Im guessing its because if you use hdt hair it like a full body suit and it overwrites your hdt setting you use.

So im wondering if possible to use hdt hair without loosing out on your xml settings you already got. Meaning using hdt hair with your current hdt body settings. I got my xml set to the femalehead.nif i dont know if thats makes a difference from using the hdt physics object item.

Im currently using one of the xml from HDT ALL_in_one thread.(v10-24 stable)

I could not find any info about. And if it's already been posted somewhere im sorry :)

Thanks.

All the HDT settings are in one, sometimes two files; hdtPhysicsExtensionDefaultBBP.xml (the important one) and sometimes hdt.xml. All the HDT-related mods come with their own version of it and are bound to overwrite each other. The only way to merge two would be to manually edit the files to incorporate the settings from both into one, but I find that to be a bit more of a hassle than it's worth in the end.

Personally I've never had any problem with just keeping the file I'm already happy with and not overwrite even if installing a new HDT-related mod, but ymmv. Just keep a backup of the file you like and experiment. If it doesn't work, just revert to your backup :)

Archived