Zora won't wear slot 32 equipment with SOS installed

lostami

As the topic states, Zora, from Interesting NPC's, one of the most popular mods of all time, will not equip anything using slot 32 such as body armor.
I have tested this with multiple armors, vanilla and mod, and have made sure there stats are greater then her base scale armor.
However no matter she will not equip slot 32 items in her inventory and reverts to her default scale armor.

I have narrowed it down to SOS, Im very careful with modding, always having backups of files and saves to ensure I can roll back any errors and mistakes, this also allows me to find out exactly what is causeing issues as long as they do not crop up long after a mods installation.

This bug crops up instantly when installing SOS and is gone the moment I uninstall it, as well as when rolling back to older saves.
There is no doubt that this is a conflict with SOS, there could be a third factor but the primary involved mods are Interesting NPC's and SOS full.
Weather there is another mod causing an unexpected reaction between the two is beyond my abilities to determine.

I used the debug spell and this is what I got + my papyrus logs 0/1/2/3
gif.gif  2014-07-26_00002.jpg   379.67KB   6 downloads

txt.gif  Papyrus.0.log   11.97KB   0 downloads

txt.gif  Papyrus.1.log   12.08KB   0 downloads

txt.gif  Papyrus.2.log   29.87KB   0 downloads

txt.gif  Papyrus.3.log   19.33KB   0 downloads

Below is a log of my own attempts to fix this and another bug, the second one I fixed on my own but have left in the topic incase it helps someone else.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I have two issues.
#1 Zora from Interesting NPC's won't equip body armor (AKA equipment slot 32 items.) I put in her inventory, but does wear her default scale armor.

#2 When I uninstall a group of mods I got here at lovers lab some animals animations won't work anymore, even after deleting my documents skyrim folder and replacing it with a backup and running FNIS generator.

EDIT-1: Confirmed, One of these mods is causeing the issue with zora, I disabled them and moved to a save before install, and zora functions fine.
These are the only mods I installed between these two saves, Im very careful with my modding and always keep backups.

As for the animal animations breaking, Im guessing it's something to do with FINS as the animals are frozen, but I have run the behavior generator so im out of ideas on that.

EDIT-2: Found the culprit, It's SOS, why.. no clue, but once active it causes zora from interesting NPC's mod to not equip any slot 32 equipment.
Anyone know why or how to fix this?

EDIT-3: Solved the animal animations issue, I simply forgot to "De-Install Creatures" in FINS bahavior generator, Silly me.
However SOS is still preventing Zora form functioning properly.

SOS Full <--- Cause of Zora's issue.

post-510077-0-11243700-1406356832_thumb.jpg

Okay so my post has been sucked to the bottom of the barrel so to speak with no reply.
I am in desperate need of a fix as I loath to continue my game for fear of getting things done I will only have to roll back because I etched this bug in the save file.

I really really hate to bump, but I felt it was needed, I also searched for a no bump rule but failed to find any thread really that contains the forums rules... I"ll keep looking it's gotta be around here somewhere.

SOS adds slot 52 to the vanilla armors so it 'hides' the schlong by having the armor use the same slot as it does so the armor now uses both slot 32 and 52. The other thing is that if you are just putting the armor in the inventory of the npc unless it is better than what they have they will not use it, outfit items are preferred over anything else. You can use a follower overhaul mod such as Amazing Follower Tweaks or Ultimate Follower Overhaul which would let you designate items to be used as their outfit.

Zora is a female character and has no schlong.. so I don't see how your suggestion could be the actual problem, I know the armor I gave her is better, and from checking her inventory she is not equipping it. Also she would equip this armor prior to installing SOS, and does so again if it is then disabled or uninstalled.

I have made sure my schlongification is turned off and cleaned all actors using the MCM so it's not that.

However thank you for trying to help, if you think of anything else don't hesitate to shoot another post at this.

Archived