Creation Kit - Scene Player Dialogue

As title says, im trying to get the player to speak in a scene. Soo, I am trying to figure out how to do this, I seem to recall doing it a long time ago, but I honestly cannot remember.

Can anyone either refresh my memory on how to do this (Dummy actor or w/e im not sure) or inform me its not possible? lol

It depends on if you just want to say individual lines or go into regular dialogue. Individual lines are added just like any other action to the phase. If you want to lead into regular dialogue you need to set up a package for a forcegreet and set it to play the dialogue topic you want.

Ok then so I can see that the dialogue is fireing as the players mouth is moving, However due to the fact that the dialogue only fires from the prompt (not from response text) there are no subtitles, (I have both dialogue and general subtitles enabled) so it is just a mouth moving and nothing more. Addtionally, I have looked through a number of mods to try and find an example, but they all seem to avoid player dialogue in scenes. Does anyone know? Is a dummy actor the only way?

Ok so I have player dialogue working, and speaking with the npc (Players lips move, then npc replies then players lips move). However the players dialogue has no subtitles and is therefore useless, but the npcs dialogue has full subtitles as normal. I have the dialogue settings identical to yours (Other than behavious flags). Any ideas?

Im pretty confident that I do have Fuz installed, and for that matter if I didnt, the npc dialogue wouldnt be working

Can idle states, flags or PlayerAIDriven etc have any effect on this?

Or ENB/Custom Race/Alternative Start for that matter

In the scene I am trying to get this to occur i have the player in a forced zaz laying idle

Im pretty confident that I do have Fuz installed, and for that matter if I didnt, the npc dialogue wouldnt be working

Can idle states, flags or PlayerAIDriven etc have any effect on this?

Or ENB/Custom Race/Alternative Start for that matter

In the scene I am trying to get this to occur i have the player in a forced zaz laying idle

No, none of those would cause it to not show up. Anything listed in the Topic Text should show up.

Argh, so confusing. Also just tried disabling all esps that werent required. No difference. Tried spacing the dialogue differently (within the scene), no difference, updated the player alias to be set exacetly the same way as yours (and started a new game) - no difference . Cleared old config files, no difference.

Anyways, Thanks for your help mate, could u tell me the easiest of your player dialog scenes to trigger? Will see if the player dialogues in your mod are working fine (which if I recall last time I played through your mod they did)

I usually manage to figure out these issues, but this time its got me headthruwall baffled.

Ok then I can confirm that the player dialog subtitles are not showing up for me in your mod either. From what I can gather from looking in quest CDXMP01 in the CK the scene CDXMP01PrepPlayer after the master says "Ok, you may begin."  stage is altered and triggers The CDXMP01Whipping scene and the player should say "Wait...No". However for me I do not see any subtitles for the player saying this. Do you definately see them whe n u play through it yourself?

Ok then I can confirm that the player dialog subtitles are not showing up for me in your mod either. From what I can gather from looking in quest CDXMP01 in the CK the scene CDXMP01PrepPlayer after the master says "Ok, you may begin."  stage is altered and triggers The CDXMP01Whipping scene and the player should say "Wait...No". However for me I do not see any subtitles for the player saying this. Do you definately see them whe n u play through it yourself?

Not always. Sometimes if the dialogue leading into the scene takes too long or if the dialogue in the previous phase is long it passes it by. You can try putting a phase in between the two phases with a timer set so the preceding dialogue has time to finish.

Well, I have been fiddling around with timers and dialogue positions, and I really cant get it to work lol. I mean npc dialogue always shows subtitles fine, even if i switch the working npc dialog and player dialog around positionally. NPC dialogue is fine, player has no subtitles. Totally out of ideas of what to try next =/.

Archived