[REQ] A node control MCM plugin

chajapa

I'm not sure how easy or how hard this would be, but here is what I'm thinking...

Right now we have MANY interesting mods that want to control breast, and/or belly, and/or butt scaling.

We can't have some of them installed at the same time because they "fight" over control of a node.

Is it POSSIBLE... to create an MCM plugin (not sure if that's the right terminology.... just an MCM menu) that can look for various common mods that change scaling? And then LISTS the mods, with maybe columns to one side ... a column for breast, a column for belly, a column for butt.... and you select which mod is controlling that node?

Is it POSSIBLE... for a mod author to create a simple text file with some values (decided by SexLab (Ashal) or by concesnsus among mod authors) so that this plugin could simply scan for text files such as "Node_Control_Beeing_Female.txt" or "Node_Control_SexLab_Hormones.txt" or.... whatever.. and in that way make it easier to "register" a mod with the Node Control menu?

To what end? What would be accomplished?

Example:

I could have Hentai Pregnancy, Beeing Female, SexLab SoulGem Pregnancy (cause who doesn't need more soul gems, right?), Hormones, Long Life Milk Mod, and.... who knows what else... all installed...

I could have Beeing Female controlling WHEN I get pregnant, but not controlling any nodes. 

I could have Soulgem Pregnancy control my belly node as I accumulate more soul gems inside, but not control breast node.

I could be playing around with Long Life Milk Mod and let it control the breast node.

Hormones or Beeing Female could be controlling my butt size.

Taking it one step further...

Could the installed mods, by registering with Node Control, become more AWARE of each other?

To what end? What is accomplished?

I could get PREGNANT using Beeing Female

Hentai Pregnancy would "know" I'm pregnant and would be able to apply effects like milk gushing and stuff

I understand that there would be other considerations such as how much script load you'd be encouraging by making it possible to have a lot of these things active at the same time, but ...... so much candy.... I hate having to eat only one kind at a time :)

Thoughts?

Is this a pipe dream?

• 1 month later...

For now - it's just a dream, sorry. And sorry that it took so long to see this thread :)

I was already thinking about something like that to make all Node Scaling mods compatible with BeeingFemale.. and for sure, Beeing Female compatible to all other mods.

But this isn't that easy because there are different reasons for node scaling.

At first we got pregnancy mods

and we got mods like "Fill Her Up" and "SexLab Hormones"

The easiest way would be calculating the average of pregnancy scaling and then adding the value Fill Her up and SexLab Hormones will add

So we need 1 pregnancy value (shared with all pregnancy mods) and around 12 add-Values.

But even this will cause problems with a to high node scaling value. And i also don't think other modder would use such a scaling usitility.

The easiest way is to make his own mod compatible with other mods and maybe creating a way to let other mods read the current state of it's owne state.

For me, I will try to make Beeing Female even more compatible with other mods. Estrus Chaurus and SexLab Hormones won't be the only supported mods. :)

The easiest way is to make his own mod compatible with other mods and maybe creating a way to let other mods read the current state of it's owne state.

I agree with you, Milz. But I think we need a couple more features for this to work. And I am sure that, if node scaling was abstracted away in a framework that was super easy to use, all modders that touch node scaling would use it, just to avoid having to deal with the mess.

A bit more detail about what I think is needed (conceptually -- I have no actual experience of Skyrim modding, so I might be talking out of my cooch here).

- Each mod using the framework can register one or more "components", that affect a node.

- Mods set three values in each component: additive value, min value and max value

- The value of the node scaling is the sum of the additive values, within the values of the more constraining component (see below for examples)

- Each mod can read, from the components it has registered, what is the total additive value, how much of it violated its constraints, and what effective value was applied instead.

- Each mod can register a callback that is called whenever a constraint would be violated (either because of a constraint it has set, or a value it has set), enabling it to adjust its settings.

- If constraints stay unfulfilled, callbacks will not be called more than twice in a row for any given component. It's up to the mods to "behave nicely", and update values or constraints to satisfy them.

Yeah, it's a bit of a pipe dream, but a doable one.

Examples:

I have BF, FHU, EC, a scaling-aware DD (just for the sake of the example - no such thing exists yet), ArousedAnimals, DeviousStories and CapturedDreams installed.

1- For the belly node, BF has set a minimal pregnancy constraint, and a pregnancy value, both equal to 3.0 (say, I am in the 2dn trimester of a twin troll pregnancy...). FHU has set at init 0.0,0.0,6.0, and EC has set 0.0,0.0,-. Scaling gets set to 3.0.

2- I get raped by my horse. I am already pregnant, so BF doesn't change anything, but FHU comes in and sets a minimal inflation, and an inflation value, both equal to 2.0 (my horse's name is Mr Cumalot), and a max of 6.0 (the max inflation set in FHU MCM). Scaling gets set to 5.0, constrains are not violated, no callback triggered.

3- I wait a bit, deflation happens (my jizz futures are probably not worth anything, then), FHU sets a min and val to 1.5, scaling gets set to 4.5. No trigger.

4- I get raped by a Chaurus. Both FHU and EC react respectively setting 2.0,2.0,6.0 and 1.0,1.0,- No trigger, scaling gets set to 5.5.

5- Hours pass, EC's baby Chaurus grows. EC sets 1.5,1.5,-. FHU's max constraint gets violated (not me for once), FHU's callback gets called. In this case, FHU could respond by forcing cum expelling and updating to 1.5,1.5,6.0 if I am not plugged, or more painful effects and updating to 2.0,2.0,7.0, if plugged.

6- Hours pass, FHU has deflated to 0.0,0.0,6.0, EC has grown to 2.0,2.0,-, the scale has decreased to to 5.0.

7- I got in debt with CD's Master, inflatable plugs and a permanent belt is put on me. If DD was scaling aware, it could set a (say) 0.0,0.0,5.0 when a belt is equipped (unless it's a pregnancy belt... those could be made), and for now 0.0,0.0,- for the plugs.

8- Days pass, both the Chaurus eggs and the troll twins are growing. BF sets 3.5,3.5,- and EC sets 2.5,2.5,- The belt's conditions are violated, both BF and EC callbacks are triggered, allowing either to terminate the pregnancy (abortus) or have the eggs be laid prematurely... oh wait, I am belted, I can't. The belt updates with the same value, 0.0,0.0,5.0, EC updates with the same 2.5,2.5,- values, BF triggers abortus and sets 1.0,1.0,- (residual size of replenish phase). Scaling is set to 3.5

9- Someone grabs one of the plugs and pumps it hard, Ouch! The plugs set 2.5,2.5,-, and see that the new value violates constraints. Both the belt callback and the plug callback get triggered, and... special effects ensue.

Guest jenny2011

I agree with you, Milz. But I think we need a couple more features for this to work. And I am sure that, if node scaling was abstracted away in a framework that was super easy to use, all modders that touch node scaling would use it, just to avoid having to deal with the mess.

A bit more detail about what I think is needed (conceptually -- I have no actual experience of Skyrim modding, so I might be talking out of my cooch here).

- Each mod using the framework can register one or more "components", that affect a node.

- Mods set three values in each component: additive value, min value and max value

- The value of the node scaling is the sum of the additive values, within the values of the more constraining component (see below for examples)

- Each mode can read, from the components it has registered, what is the total additive value, how much of it violated its constraints, and what effective value was applied instead.

- Each mod can register a callback that is called whenever a constraint would be violated (either because of a constraint it has set, or a value it has set), enabling it to adjust its settings.

- If constraints stay unfulfilled, callbacks will not be called more than twice in a row for any given component. It's up to the mods to "behave nicely", and update values or constraints to satisfy them.

Yeah, it's a bit of a pipe dream, but a doable one.

Examples:

I have BF, FHU, EC, a scaling-aware DD (just for the sake of the example - no such thing exists yet), ArousedAnimals, DeviousStories and CapturedDreams installed.

1- For the belly node, BF has set a minimal pregnancy constraint, and a pregnancy value, both equal to 3.0 (say, I am in the 2dn trimester of a twin troll pregnancy...). FHU has set at init 0.0,0.0,6.0, and EC has set 0.0,0.0,-. Scaling gets set to 3.0.

2- I get raped by my horse. I am already pregnant, so BF doesn't change anything, but FHU comes in and sets a minimal inflation, and an inflation value, both equal to 2.0 (my horse's name is Mr Cumalot), and a max of 6.0 (the max inflation set in FHU MCM). Scaling gets set to 5.0, constrains are not violated, no callback triggered.

3- I wait a bit, deflation happens (my jizz futures are probably not worth anything, then), FHU sets a min and val to 1.5, scaling gets set to 4.5. No trigger.

4- I get raped by a Chaurus. Both FHU and EC trigger, respectively setting 2.0,2.0,6.0 and 1.0,1.0,- No trigger, scaling gets set to 5.5.

5- Hours pass, EC's baby Chaurus grows. EC sets 1.5,1.5,-. FHU's max constraint gets violated (not me for once), FHU's callback gets called. In this case, FHU could respond by forcing cum expelling and updating to 1.5,1.5,6.0 if I am not plugged, or more painful effects and updating to 2.0,2.0,7.0, if plugged.

6- Hours pass, FHU has deflated to 0.0,0.0,6.0, EC has grown to 2.0,2.0,-, the scale has decreased to to 5.0.

7- I got in debt with CD's Master, inflatable plugs and a permanent belt is put on me. If DD was scaling aware, it could set a (say) 0.0,0.0,5.0 when a belt is equipped (unless it's a pregnancy belt... those could be made), and for now 0.0,0.0,- for the plugs.

8- Days pass, both the Chaurus eggs and the troll twins are growing. BF sets 3.5,3.5,- and EC sets 2.5,2.5,- The belt's conditions are violated, both BF and EC callbacks are triggered, allowing either to terminate the pregnancy (abortus) or have the eggs be laid prematurely... oh wait, I am belted, I can't. The belt updates with the same value, 0.0,0.0,5.0, EC updates with the same 2.5,2.5,- values, BF triggers abortus and sets 1.0,1.0,- (residual size of replenish phase). Scaling is set to 3.5

9- Someone grabs one of the plugs and pumps it hard, Ouch! The plugs set 2.5,2.5,-, and see that the new value violates constraints. Both the belt callback and the plug callback get triggered, and... special effects ensue.

I second this! Awesome ideas.

I was considering writing a framework (like the naiive modder I am) but I wasn't considering what would happen if a mod set limits... :o

I think that kind of proves that I'm not qualified to write frameworks. Maybe for the next Bethesda game.

And honestly, what chance did I have? I don't understand SKSE compiling, much less node scaling.

Sorry if I'm off, I don't script

It seems to me a Framework is required.

The mod would have to look for a Quest that was purposefully put into said "Scaling Mod" that says here is the value of this node.

The Framework, would look for all other mods that attribute a value to said node.  The Framework would then take a mean average of that value and apply it to the node.

The end result as it seems to me is more work going on under the hood than might be worthwhile.  Also consider that each mod would have to have a means to register itself with the Framework.

Sorry if I'm off, I don't script

It seems to me a Framework is required.

The mod would have to look for a Quest that was purposefully put into said "Scaling Mod" that says here is the value of this node.

The Framework, would look for all other mods that attribute a value to said node.  The Framework would then take a mean average of that value and apply it to the node.

The end result as it seems to me is more work going on under the hood than might be worthwhile.  Also consider that each mod would have to have a means to register itself with the Framework.

You're forgetting that with Sexlab and Schlongs of Skyrim the modding community has already done this kind of thing.

Also, the player defines some limits and if you're adding too many things to a node, you can be injured by the framework because, hey, you're full of a dozen chaurus eggs, twenty soul gems and a giant-load of cum.

In the case of current mod setups, you would have to suspend your chaurus mod and your soulgem mod in order to let the cum inflation drain, then hand off the node to the next most important mod manually through MCM.

At the very least we can prioritize the mods and only allow the mod with the largest suggested node size to set the node.

Archived