facegen exchange help.

Kpnut

Didn't know where to put this since facegen exchange works with both NV and Oblivion. I was forced into recreating Cris after something fucked up with her and lonesome road but I digress.

I keep getting the following error whenever I try to get face onto the new save:

File parse error

Delimiter character not found at position 444431

here's a screenshot of the problem to help:

LRrjsMg.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest carywinton

I have been working with this for FO3 for a while now, Facegen Exchange, FaceGen to FO3Edit, etc. I saw somewhere about that exact error you are getting and I will try to find it again for you. So far most of the stuff we have tried or talked about on this topic here: FG file to Save? Or....

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27865-fg-file-to-save-or/page-2

There has not been any real success in making it work properly, the closest I have gotten is to find out that a "Picture" or "photo" input from SI FaceGen or FaceGen Exchange will not work it has to be converted or exported to a texture format, tweaked or worked with in a program like, PS5, Gimp, or Paint.Net and then converted to DDS. As I find out more I will be happy to try and update you, but the other topic that is going on this may get the information first.

Kind Regards,

CaryWinton

Update: This was the only post or information I could find in regards to the error you are gettin, I hope it helps give you some direction on solving it.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/103131-facegen-exchanger/

Guest endgameaddiction

That error is given when you are trying to take a save from a different game, extract the hex values onto a tool that's built for a another game i.e. FNV FG Exchange extracting FO3 Save vice versa.

The only work around is opening the plugin through FNVEdit and finding the values themselves and doing the whole c & p over. This isn't always accurate for what reasons I don't know. The only accurate way, that is to say 100% morph success to do it is by porting through FOMM >TESnip.

That error is given when you are trying to take a save from a different game, extract the hex values onto a tool that's built for a another game i.e. FNV FG Exchange extracting FO3 Save vice versa.

The only work around is opening the plugin through FNVEdit and finding the values themselves and doing the whole c & p over. This isn't always accurate for what reasons I don't know. The only accurate way, that is to say 100% morph success to do it is by porting through FOMM >TESnip.

the saves are both from the same game though.

Guest endgameaddiction

I would suggest making her a unique preset so that if you ever stumble upon the problem that happened you can always find a mod that allows you to go to the FaceGen in game (I used Rebirth - http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35116/? there's a modified version here: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41393/?) to select her again.

I've never seen a problem like that ever occur to me during my Fallout days. I have had that happen to me recently on a preset I made for Skyrim, but I am creating them as vanilla races for now, so if you are putting her face on a vanilla race it could be a problem with the vanilla race after so long.

If you need help with this, feel free to ask, I don't mind.

Cris isn't a custom race either. This is the first time I've had this problem.

edit:

Managed to get a sort of fix, as it turns out Cris' name is too short (which it wasn't a few months ago when I first used facegen exchange) so I just used the default name and changed it to her actual name later.

Still annoying and weird though

Guest carywinton

Glad you got it sorted out that was one of the things I read about with regards to your error, the name being too short.

Archived