If I make my own mod file do I need...

to make a meta.ini file?

Normally I'm assuming yes but all I want to do is to make a texture resource folder. I've been taking armors from various other mods and setting them so that MO uses that armor instead of the vanilla armor. For example instead of the vanilla Elf armor I'm using lets say, an armor from the Tera Collection. What I want to do is make a folder that has all the texture files needed so I won't have to go through and enable all the individual mods just to have the textures.

If I need to make an ini file, where could I find instructions on how to set it up properly? (Bout to Google it now, haven't yet)

Why not just build a rar file with the mesh's renamed to the armors in question and a copy of the textures (in there original folder).

example: tera armor to replace the vanilla elven armor

Data\meshes\armor\elven\f\ *.nif (this would be the renamed tera nif files).

Data\Textures\Armor\tera\*.nif (this would be the original texture path).

note: The mesh file will point to the texture file so don't move the texture files.

Or are you looking at making a custom esp that would say elven=tera set 1, orish=tera set 2 and so on?

The only problem with just doing a mesh and texture rar set is if the mesh does not use the same slots as the original (if that happens then you'll get a blank for the item in game).

Archived