Please help me end 8 years of modf***pocalypse.

I am seeking someone familiar and unafraid of Oblivion mods who is willing to help me/set up for me a complex Oblivion build. I have been working on it since the game incepted and finally I am realizing I just cannot do it.  The mod packs are large and include loversPK and Fcom, and a few other minor mods. Accoring to Wrye Bash I'm getting no errors and the bashed patch builds correctly, so the mods seem fine, right up to the time I enable the bashed patch. thats when the game's loading sequence ... stops. An infinite loading screen right after the Bethesda video logo if I hit Esc.

Tried for about a week this attempt and this will be the fourth or fifth time I've gone through the process of trying to get this working.

I really should mention to be honest I am begging for help. It really has become more stressful than it ever should. I have NEVER gotten a chance to actually play the game because of this. If you are willing there is compensation offered. Please let me know.

DC

If you are installing Lovers with PK plugins from any other site than this one you won't get any help here.  Our versions of lovers plugins are vastly different than anything you can find elsewhere.  If you are using stuff from here then that part of the task should be rather easy with the LAPF.

I personally never went for FCOM and just used OOO.  FCOM just had too much crap to install, so I feel your pain.

I was trying to use the PK AIO that I found on HongFire. I did not know there was a anything wrong with that. I was looking for a  simple solution this time to try and solve the situation. I have also downloaded a A  lot from here. At this point trying and retrying, modifying and replacing I am not sure if anything eneded up being the used from it.

DC

HMMM, I guess What I should say when it comes to LPK is that I am looking to install a NUMBER of LPK plugins from that were in an AIO pack, or from loose versions of those mods as well as FCOM (or nearly equal setup) and a few odd other mods. Perhaps the files need to be replaced with other versions or alternatives need to be used. IF you can get it working for me, I would be willing to pay you for your knowledge and time.

DC

I figured you were asking along those lines.  The versions of LPK plugins from Hongfire are not compatible with our versions.  They are completely different (and most are far, far older).  The LAPF is already borderline an AIO and it is so far superior to anything else out there that it is not worth comparing them.  Hell, the LAPF is better than the original Japanese versions of LPK.  There are 140+ overhauled animations, an animated penis skeleton and meshes, multiple body support and a shit load of bug fixes.  Using anything else is....well....silly.

The LAPF has installation instructions that are damn near impossible to screw up.  It is neither a lengthy or complicated deal.  We worked really hard to make it simple.

As to FCOM.....there are youtube video's on how to install it.

Writen walkthrough's:  http://tescosi.com/wiki/FCOM_Installation_Guide

and:  http://devnull.sweetdanger.net/fcominstall.html

and:  http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/924363-the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion/48544847

Youtube link: 

Google will help you find many, many more.

I was unaware of the LAPF. Will other LPK plugins work with it, say such as the Tamago or others?

As to FCOM, I have read and checked many FCOM tutorials, and still no go. As I said this is not my first attempt, just the first time I have directly asked for help. I've researched and tried many suggestions -- whatever is going wrong is happening no matter what guidance I follow. Everything seems to work right up until I enable the bashed patch, and then it goes into an infinite loading bar. Thats why I'm looking for someone who has/can succeed. I really just want to play the game at this point.

DC

PS. Are there any mods that should not be mentioned up here?

I was unaware of the LAPF. Will other LPK plugins work with it, say such as the Tamago or others?

Yes, there are links in forums here that list which do and don't.

Also, coming from Hongfire you may very well need to totally delete your current Oblivion install and start over, as well as relearn how to gradually build out your Oblivion setup. So many try to install a massive amount of MODs without testing and doing through the requisite reading along the way. No way around it. This is why AIOs never worked. A Massively MODed Oblivion build is not Plug & Play. You build it up over time with testing and playing along the way.

So drink some beer, or what ever you do to relax and get your head around the fact you need to begin anew. Read the numerous posts and topics here on LL, and as gregathit pointed out above, develop your Google-fu.

I have begun anew, as you say, a minimum of twenty times... Not something I have to accept, I sort of expect it at this point. :)

I keep hopeing someone will take me up on my offer.

DC

EDIT: I really have done a ton of reading by the way, lots of google'ing and yes, I am trying to install all the mods at one time. Sort of want to get the play experience stable then play.

Well you are, IMO now in the mostly matured and complete site for LL related MODs.

As in other recent posts I and others highly recommend creating a backup of your desired core Oblivion build, beginning with Oblivion and any DLC MODs you intend on using, all cleaned with TES4Edit. You can see which ones are 'dirty' via using BOSS or the new version of BOSS, I forget the name. Once you have that done archive it using your choice of archive tool like 7z or WinZip.

You can then do this for additional sets of MODs, as you build out and add more. The additional advantages are both OBMM and Wrye Bash work with archive files, simplifying rebuilds you may need to do in the future.

I doubt anyone will take up that offer. One risk is they send you something infected or pay-loaded, and either turn your PC into a very large desktop paperweight, or add it to someone's bot network. It is best to build it out on your own.

FCOM is really great even though it is relatively one of the hardest mods to install. The only thing about FCOM that sucks is that it takes way too many plugins to make FCOM work. 4-5 masters plugins and bunch of esp plugins.

This video is no longer up to date since FCOM 1.0 changed install order though I can tell you the video guy gives generally good tips especially when you rebuild the Bashed Patch.

Stick to the official guide here http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1501789-rel-fcom-convergence/ and install order. Install FCOM on fresh install of the Oblivion (officially patched + unofficial patches).

Be sure you use the functional Wrye Bash. The newest version of the Wrye Bash is 304.4 and it is very buggy. I recommend using 295 version.

And if you just can't use the FCOM use MOO instead. It is user friendly overhaul which expands a lot in the game and more to come on the way. FCOM looks like got the last update and work on it stopped but the creator of MOO Maskar is still improving and releasing updates with new awesome features.

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/42780/?

FYI: MOO and FCOM are totally compatible with each other.

Thanks I may add MOO since I have started over. interestingly enough, I think I found one of my problems.  If undies underneath (v4.51) is loaded and/or the bashed patch is activated with UU imported the game just hangs (infinite first load) so that may have been part of THIS times problem. Just thought I would mention that for others use, or if maybe I doing something wrong it could be pointed out to me.

DC

Archived