Is the memory patch in SKSE 1.7.1 compatible with WinXP 32-bit?

Anbeegod

The title has it.

Whenever I put this skse.ini file into Data/SKSE, the game crashes after a save is loaded.

[General]

ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]

DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768

ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

While if only the first 2 lines are written in, the game wouldn't crash;

and as I know the last 3 lines are to activate the memory patch.

My machine is 7 yrs old.

To my knowledge (correct me If I'm wrong), but you are trying to set up the initial memory for your Skyrim to be 768mb which is a lot of memory to be allocating to Skyrim on a 7 year old machine. 

The default vanilla Skyrim memory allocation is 256 for the first block followed by another 256 mb. You have to consider the power of your machine before you want to configure the memory patch. 

To my knowledge (correct me If I'm wrong), but you are trying to set up the initial memory for your Skyrim to be 768mb which is a lot of memory to be allocating to Skyrim on a 7 year old machine.

He tried to allocate only 512 to the 1st block.

According to SKSE, number for the 1st block is x+256 when x is the real memory you want to allocate to 1st block.

To answer the OP, I also has older PC (more than 7 years old) with 32 bit Windows XP with SKSE memory patch activated.

He tried to allocate only 512 to the 1st block.

According to SKSE, number for the 1st block is x+256 when x is the real memory you want to allocate to 1st block.

To answer the OP, I also has older PC (more than 7 years old) with 32 bit Windows XP with SKSE memory patch activated.

Thanks for that clarification, I don't want to give people wrong information. I'm still using the SSME, is the SKSE the exact same thing as SSME?

If you have SKSE 1.7 or greater then you do not need SSME.

I don't believe they are explicitly incompatible, but having 2 different mods implement memory functions that target the exact same problem is never a good idea.

Archived