[REQUEST] can someone help me to convert OBJ into Skyrim Nif?

nytesorrow

Hello

I got a nice model for fetish-like hood.

the problem is, my skill is too low to convert this into skyrim nif files for mod...

of course i tried it several days with advise, but i failed every time  D:<

so can anyone help me to convert this into nif please?

or... convert this for poor newbie @_@

IzBqfog.jpgWVCZsrj.jpg

ps. i got this from my friends, so i don't know how to get this file :(

mouthless

open mouth

(i'm too noob to upload this kind of file >.>)

You'll need this nif plugin (for 3dsMax 2012) then watch this video with the basics for importing obj and exporting as an (almost) working nif for Skyrim in 3dsMax; then you'll need nifskope to tweak the nif file a little, and CK to add it to the game.

Just watch the video, it's very straightforward process after a while.

Good luck!

Took a quick look at your files, the hoods are offset and flipped, you will need to import skyrim reference body to align em correctly. Just take a look at tutorials JRCosta already linked, its really not that complicated.

Another thing is poly count is kinda high for something like this, you could probably cut it down to 1/20th of current polys and it'd look the same with baked normals. Here's a quick example of similar piece I was messing around with , it has terribly unoptimized geometry and all 3 pieces together (hood/collar/mask+straps) have less than 8k poly which is less than half of yours. 

VLkPUGT.jpg

Invisible head has to do with bsdismember slot, if you put it to something like hair/long hair (slot 31/41 iirc) it should still show face (thats how I did it anwyays). Your .esp gotta match the armor slot in .nif though, its easy to edit with TESVEdit or something. 

As for texture, latex-y stuff shouldnt really be a problem , its more down to spec/reflection anyways, can roll with simple diffuse color texture.

Invisible head has to do with bsdismember slot, if you put it to something like hair/long hair (slot 31/41 iirc) it should still show face (thats how I did it anwyays). Your .esp gotta match the armor slot in .nif though, its easy to edit with TESVEdit or something. 

As for texture, latex-y stuff shouldnt really be a problem , its more down to spec/reflection anyways, can roll with simple diffuse color texture.

xLTSzcG.jpg

result of slot 31(hair) >.>

i tried circlet slot, but it makes disappear all hood parts 

ts0Rbsz.jpg

now longhair slot

...i think i can't make it lol

If you have problems with slots, try converting the BS Dismember Skin Partition (or BS Dismember Skin Instance, depending on the version of NifSkope used) to Ni Skin Instance. It's pretty handy as Ni Skin Instance doesn't have the armor slot options, but still works in-game with the slot you set in CK.

Also, maybe export your .nif from 3DS Max with NiSkinStrips for objects in your .nif instead of Ni Tri Data. There is an option like this in Blender at least :).

Invisible head could mean that the slot you're choosing overlaps with the slots for the head .nif model. Be aware that Skyrim heads use more than 1 slot. The used slots are 230 Head, 130 Head and 143 Ears.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived