Visual mods fit for my system.

Konig91

I am thinking of making a clean reinstall of Skyrim after a lot of crashes and stuttering due to a lot of mods, some of them script intensive, while some of them are visual mods unfit for my system.

I am looking for recommendations for future visual mods, but not an ENB, otherwise my laptop will ignite in flames.

Yeah, I have a laptop; not a good idea for gaming, but due to many circumstances it's fit for me.

Right, my laptop's specs: Intel i3 CPU, 4 GB RAM, NVidia Geforce GT720M with 2 GB VRAM.

I recommend you these mods :

- Realistic lightning overhaul

- Cinematic Fire Effects

- Climates of Tamriel

- Dynavision DoF (this depth of field is less demanding than the one in the ENBs)

Then:

- RealvisionENB (choose the performance version A )

For more drastic visual change, try the recommended mods in the RealvisionENB page, I took these picture running these mods and 2k Textures (and some "Frame-eater" ones like Forested Skyrim, Dense Grass, and Realistic Water Two).

post-1798-0-02062700-1404612651_thumb.jpgpost-1798-0-66786700-1404613070_thumb.jpgpost-1798-0-57015400-1404613994_thumb.jpg

If you need help with bodies, textures, hairs, just ask ;)

A few preferred textures that do well for performance:

• Bethesda Performance Textures -- all of it optimized.
  • Langley Texture Workshop -- they look very fine but also optimized.
  • Rustic Windows -- better looking. Low-res textures also available. :)
  • Vanilla Reduced Textures -- these really don't eat up memory; best if you only want good looking characters.

As a rule of thumb,

• 2k or 4k = character bodies only
  • 1k or 512 = eyes, eyelashes, beards, etc.
  • 2k or 1k = armor, garments, weapons, interiors, exteriors, water
  • 512 or 256 = particles, water

Also, SweetFX and an appropriate custom preset.

Archived