[WIP] Eisen CHSBHC conversion

Did you delete the existing BSshader and alpha in nifskope' date=' and open the original you modified this from and copied over its bsShader and alpha? If not you need to do that for both the body, and the armor (all parts). When you export from 3ds the nif exporter doesn't copy stuff over properly apparently. Cherry's guide states this here:

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=4514&pid=86860#pid86860

I have a feeling you did the bsshader, but not the alpha. The alpha wasn't originally in her guide, but its the same. I had this issue myself when messing with CHSBHC conversions.

[/quote']

I deleted the BSshader and created a new one in nifskope. I didn't copy anything from the original nifs. I didn't touch the alpha but I didn't see one in the original. Also, note that I'm using blender at the moment.

Sorry that I didn't reply back promptly. I'm not sure about blender, but 3ds has a bug when you export the nif that causes the bsshader and alpha to be messed up. As cherry guide says, in nifskope you delete the bsshader, and same with the alpha; IF your using an alpha.

Then copy over them from the original. I think creating bsshader from scratch is to much work, because all bsshader does is link the textures your using to the mesh. I've copied over the shader from say CBBE to CHSBHC or ADEC, and they all worked exactly the same lol.

I think there's also an order to the textures, like reg/normal/mask etc. (though I tend not to mess with this alot, and if I do I copy the format from another nif as an example)

The reason I mentioned alpha, is because you said the armor showed up invisible. Also make sure under nitrishapedata, that "hasvertexcolors" says yes.

I don't think weights would be your problem, because then the armor would look odd in game. Like when I was trying to convert armors CHSBHC, the legs would float in the air as if attached the the wrists lol.

looks amazing cant wait :) r u making both black and white or just one?

If I figure this horrible thing out' date=' yes.

Sorry that I didn't reply back promptly. I'm not sure about blender, but 3ds has a bug when you export the nif that causes the bsshader and alpha to be messed up. As cherry guide says, in nifskope you delete the bsshader, and same with the alpha; IF your using an alpha.

Then copy over them from the original. I think creating bsshader from scratch is to much work, because all bsshader does is link the textures your using to the mesh. I've copied over the shader from say CBBE to CHSBHC or ADEC, and they all worked exactly the same lol.

I think there's also an order to the textures, like reg/normal/mask etc. (though I tend not to mess with this alot, and if I do I copy the format from another nif as an example)

The reason I mentioned alpha, is because you said the armor showed up invisible. Also make sure under nitrishapedata, that "hasvertexcolors" says yes.

I don't think weights would be your problem, because then the armor would look odd in game. Like when I was trying to convert armors CHSBHC, the legs would float in the air as if attached the the wrists lol.

Ughhh, this thing is making me sick... I've tried the things you've prescribed but I'm at a loss; the game just crashes when trying to load now. I'm just going to stick the exported nif here - someone can play with it if they want. I still suspect it to be something I did in Blender for some reason. I had to do some weird stuff to export it such as divide some objects so I could bone weight copy without it complaining about the dismemberment groups.

For those that are waiting for this I apologize it's taking so long.

This is progress I guess. I used Caliente's wonderful nif cleaner and it did this. I know it least the texture paths are wrong and besides that.... it looks screwed. Is what I'm seeing due to bad weights or something else?

post-32273-13597873664179_thumb.jpg

Yeah that's probably the only problem with mesh editing, and why I kinda gave up at this point. Sometimes its almost random between whatever the base you're reshaping as well. Like I've deleted elements from a mesh before, and exported it fine. Then tried it on another mesh, and it crashes on export. The thing I've come to decide is the base object matters alot. Some things that were perhaps native meshes for skyrim, work best. Things that were imported, and weighted from a different game, work probably the worst.

Considering I know of this armor well, considering I played FFXI since release. I can say for sure it doesn't look this good in game, compared to the skyrim version LOL. So most likely the original was heavily modified, along with the textures. Heck if I could port over some other FFXI armors, like the AF/relic armor, I'd be golden. (though I do have some ports of it for oblivion from good ole Nekosentai. Along with someone who ported the Elvaan female head meshes lol).

The only advice I can say Oc7opus, is don't give up :D You've come quite a long ways from the start, and I'm sure you've learned a great deal. I patiently await you're final product, considering I love CHSBHC.

Sorry for the horrible clipping, but I deleted the main body and used the default CHSBHC body in 3ds max. I didn't bother scaling or deleting vertices on it since I'm almost positive you can still use yours. I just couldn't get it to line up with the rest of the armor.

TESV2012-03-0905-32-19-62.jpg

TESV2012-03-0905-32-38-95.jpg

TESV2012-03-0905-32-46-92.jpg

I copied skin and BSDismember from a cbbe version of eisen armor I had. Wasn't a good idea since the original looked broken on my main

character, but worked on npcs. Its slightly worse now. since this armor now crashes when I equip, but npcs can wear it fine.

I might be using the wrong BSSShader for the underwear, sorry. Forgot what it was supposed to look like.

so maybe you could try:

*Whoops* I didn't put a smooth modifier on any parts, but I wasn't sure if you were going to do a scaled version.

1. Loading up this .nif and swap the default body back with your fitted body, but copy BSDisMember from the default. Worse case scenario is that you'd have to re-weigh it.

2. copy over bssshaders from this nif to the new one in nifskope (check the underwear part, as i may have it wrong)

*If you need more help, I can look for a different version of Eisen on nexus, so I copy everything over and have it still work for the main character.

The only advice I can say Oc7opus' date=' is don't give up :D You've come quite a long ways from the start, and I'm sure you've learned a great deal. I patiently await you're final product, considering I love CHSBHC.

[/quote']

Thank you, I thought this topic would just fade away but I will try again. I loved FFXI armour design. I'm still wanting some kind of subligar... Never got me relic armour when I played FFXI but maybe now I can : P

Sorry for the horrible clipping' date=' but I deleted the main body and used the default CHSBHC body in 3ds max. I didn't bother scaling or deleting vertices on it since I'm almost positive you can still use yours. I just couldn't get it to line up with the rest of the armor.

I copied skin and BSDismember from a cbbe version of eisen armor I had. Wasn't a good idea since the original looked broken on my main

character, but worked on npcs. Its slightly worse now. since this armor now crashes when I equip, but npcs can wear it fine.

I might be using the wrong BSSShader for the underwear, sorry. Forgot what it was supposed to look like.

so maybe you could try:

*Whoops* I didn't put a smooth modifier on any parts, but I wasn't sure if you were going to do a scaled version.

1. Loading up this .nif and swap the default body back with your fitted body, but copy BSDisMember from the default. Worse case scenario is that you'd have to re-weigh it.

2. copy over bssshaders from this nif to the new one in nifskope (check the underwear part, as i may have it wrong)

*If you need more help, I can look for a different version of Eisen on nexus, so I copy everything over and have it still work for the main character.

You're my hero... I will do as you have suggested.

I was trying to use soley Blender but it seems I have no good reason not to use 3ds Max since I have it. I can't recall whether a translated the body to the armour or the armour to the body mesh before I began scaling the vertices. Does that matter?

As for the dismember groupsIn Blender, to my awareness, I could not copy BSDismember groups so I opted to redo them. I never actually considered it because I thought joining and seperating objects, welding vertices and etcetera would require new groups. The nifskope portion of the Blender tutorials I've used don't require you to copy the BsShader blocks from other nifs. Do you know why this is?

• 3 months later...