[WIP] Eisen CHSBHC conversion

This is my on-going attempt to adapt the Eisen armour to the CHSBHC body (non-BBP). This is my first go at it for Skyrim so I'm using this to learn as much as I can. I may eventually switch to 3DS Max but I'm already slightly familiar with Blender so I have been using it for the time being.

I've done this the hard way so far because I'm 'frankensteining' - actual word - Patzy's DMRA version and the busty version on nexus. I realize now this could have been done a lot faster but... I'm dumb. I expect to have some fun with the UV mapping later due to the manner I've chosen to go about this conversion but all the lovely people here can surely help. As a side note I've left the lattices their for some final tweaking edition.

Right now I am realigning the buckles, clips, belt and hip guard. Maybe I am a perfectionist but 99% of the editing I've done has been symmetrical. For the the buckle picture I re-sized, realigned then mirrored it to the other side but the result is that all the faces are shadowed as shown. What's this?

*edit*

added link to Busty version and thank you Patzy

post-32273-13597872866834_thumb.jpg

post-32273-13597872867242_thumb.jpg

Almost there... I will mess with the UV at the end. I want to see if I can get in the game first. Something is not assigned to a body part so I will see if I can redo the dismemberment groups. Seeing as I'm new any suggestions or tips are welcome.

post-32273-13597872878888_thumb.jpg

lol another Eisen Redo. The busty eisen was my learning project primarily, and I haven't messed with it since I finished it. I'm thinking about re-weighting it to work with BBP. I made that mod so I figure it's on me to do so.

Good idea separating the boots and gloves.

Your version looks good though. Nice job.

Heyo everyone,

Awesome work there Oc7opus! Don't worry about rush jobbing it either, especially if you're learning. I'm in the same boat myself, and I'm very glad to see that you're making this for CHSBHC. I wish more people would release stuff for CHSBHC. I've tried to convert, and paste together a couple of mods for it. Though, I had some issues with the weighting of the stuff I tried.

Typically the chest area was fine, but some other random item would show up not weighted right. Probably due to my limited knowledge of it all, and course getting rid of clipping takes a lot of time. The largest issue I have seems to also be keeping surfaces flush, and not looking blocky or pointy. Its especially hard when your trying to make armor for the max slider, but keepin it still skin tight lol. I can't wait to see your final product~

lol another Eisen Redo. The busty eisen was my learning project primarily' date=' and I haven't messed with it since I finished it. I'm thinking about re-weighting it to work with BBP. I made that mod so I figure it's on me to do so.

Good idea separating the boots and gloves.

Your version looks good though. Nice job.

[/quote']

Thank you, thank you. When I decided I wanted to get back into this modding business I picked the Eisen armour for starters but yours wasn't out yet. When you uploaded it I had one of those "oooooooooh" moments. It has made it a lot easier having your version to learn from so thank you. I don't know how BBP would work on this though since it's more of a plate armour but it would be interesting. Thanks for reminding me of weighting...

Heyo everyone' date='

Awesome work there Oc7opus! Don't worry about rush jobbing it either, especially if you're learning. I'm in the same boat myself, and I'm very glad to see that you're making this for CHSBHC. I wish more people would release stuff for CHSBHC. I've tried to convert, and paste together a couple of mods for it. Though, I had some issues with the weighting of the stuff I tried.

Typically the chest area was fine, but some other random item would show up not weighted right. Probably due to my limited knowledge of it all, and course getting rid of clipping takes a lot of time. The largest issue I have seems to also be keeping surfaces flush, and not looking blocky or pointy. Its especially hard when your trying to make armor for the max slider, but keepin it still skin tight lol. I can't wait to see your final product~

[/quote']

Thank you for the well wishes. I have gotten fairly comfortable with Blender. After this I will try Max and see which one is more effective for me. If I get proficient enough I will convert all sorts of stuff to CHSBHC.

I wish I had an update on progress but I got home late and I must sleep before I drop.

Need some suggestions. I couldn't resist the temptation to make some new faces which affects the UV maps. Would it be better if I redid the UV wrap or just put these faces somewhere on the existing UV?

*Edit; uploaded picture and highlighted areas of concern*

On the right side of the model are the same gaps in the UV. This is the only section of the model that has extra faces so it's not so bad. Any and all help appreciated.

Need some suggestions. I couldn't resist the temptation to make some new faces which affects the UV maps. Would it be better if I redid the UV wrap or just put these faces somewhere on the existing UV?

*Edit; uploaded picture and highlighted areas of concern*

On the right side of the model are the same gaps in the UV. This is the only section of the model that has extra faces so it's not so bad. Any and all help appreciated.

hum...if its anything like maya (what i use), then i would just adjust the UV. RE-unwraping it generally causes problems imo cause then you will have to remake the entire texture. But if you plan on remaking the texture, by all means go for it. I am just happy to see this project moving along.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you delete the existing BSshader and alpha in nifskope, and open the original you modified this from and copied over its bsShader and alpha? If not you need to do that for both the body, and the armor (all parts). When you export from 3ds the nif exporter doesn't copy stuff over properly apparently. Cherry's guide states this here:

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=4514&pid=86860#pid86860

I have a feeling you did the bsshader, but not the alpha. The alpha wasn't originally in her guide, but its the same. I had this issue myself when messing with CHSBHC conversions.