STOP ACTA

ahddubbuddah

let me preface this by saying that i am not sure if this is where this should go, but i am in a hurry to spread this to as many places as i possibly can.

https://www.accessnow.org/page/s/just-say-no-to-acta

if you love our dear internet the way it is, than please sign this petition protesting the ACTA law that is going around the countries to be voted on. It is basically a tamer version of SOPA, but unlike SOPA the violators could get arrested, where as SOPA would crash the site. so instead of destroying the internet, it would simply imprison most of all those who use it.

If you love our dear internet the way it is' date=' than please sign this petition protesting the ACTA law that is going around the countries to be voted on. It is basically a tamer version of SOPA, but unlike SOPA the violators could get arrested, where as SOPA would crash the site. so instead of destroying the internet, it would simply imprison most of all those who use it.

[/quote']

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't ACTA a harsher form SOPA and PIPA combined? Please watch the summary in

More Information:

The European Union recently signed the agreement just days ago, January 26, 2012.

Twitter announced that their service will begin censoring "tweets..."

ACTA itself isnt as vicious as SOPA/PIPA, what it specifically does is give the governments the right to do whatever they feel is necessary to prevent pircay/copyright infringement.

:Goku: Vegeta, how many times worse could this end up being than SOPA?

:Vegetea: *reads scouter than holds it in his hand* its-its *crushes his scouter and yells* ITS OVER NINE THOUSAND!!

Well signing petitions and other things won't do nothing.

If your country signed ACTA then when European Parliament will ratify the ACTA it will automatically come to live in ALL COUNTRIES that signed ACTA.

Only thing you goverment can do is make some changes regarding the crime law.

And that's it nothing more, Furthermore if they won't make changes and send them in time everything that is originaly in ACTA will come to live in your country.

Most members of the EU, esp. those with a democratic history older than me, haven't yet signed the ACTA for being still in the stage of a political debate in parliament... not always with questionable outcome. The old phrase of the he who pay's the piper calls the tune doesn't work anymore, at least not without massive resistance, no matter what has been thought in the USA or Japan at the onset of the multilateral talks in 2008.

It is not ratified. Nowhere. Why? It hasn't yet passed the national parliaments. Ya see? The future is uncertain for all those that don't live in the past!

These are the 22 EU members that have signed the ACTA, presupposition for a later ratification after parliament debates:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.

WE are not among them, nor are the Germans. Hell yeah! We are the better Europeans *lol*

That's a bit funny (sarcasm). They have prepared a complete portfolio of Agreements - SOPA, PIPA, ACTA. We stretch against one and they draw the next! The internet is a big tread to the plans of the elite so they will do anything to censor it.

Acta-infographics-415x1024.png

With protest emails to MEPs we can prevent the ratification in the European Parliament of this shameful act!

These are the e-mails of all MEP's from the five committees in the European Parliament who will have primary responsibility for ratification. The attachment with the emails is in excel format. After downloading the file, you can send mail to MEPs with sample text:

Dear Member of European Parliament,

Europe is deciding right now whether to ratify Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA). ACTA will fundamentally destroy the openness of the Internet, lacks democratic credibility, and poses a serious threat to free speech. As concerned citizen of Republic of YOUR COUNTRY, I call on you to stand for a free and open Internet, for democracy and the fundamental rights of everyone across the world and reject the ratification of ACTA, which would destroy it. The Internet is a crucial tool for people around the world to exchange ideas and promote democracy. I urge you to show true political leadership and protect my rights as citizen of European Union!

Regards,

You might need to change it a little bit.

And don't forget to sign the petition. Link in my signature. It's funny I can no longer find it in google.

"Slovenia's ambassador to Japan, Helena Drnovek Zorko, writes: 'I signed ACTA out of civic carelessness, because I did not pay enough attention. Quite simply, I did not clearly connect the agreement I had been instructed to sign with the agreement that, according to my own civic conviction, limits and withholds the freedom of engagement on the largest and most significant network in human history, and thus limits particularly the future of our children.'"

http://metinalista.si/why-i-signed-acta/

In Poland, Prime Minister Donald Tusk has announced that he will freeze the ratification of a multilateral agreement known as ACTA.

http://www.euronews.net/2012/02/03/poland-suspends-ratification-of-treaty/

interesting

me by civil disobedience work after all

and she address to public its quite some to think about

The Czech Republic and Slovakia have followed in Poland's footsteps and become the second and third EU member states, respectively, to halt the ratification of the controversial Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA)

http://newsfeedresearcher.com/data/articles_w6_2/acta-signatories-agreement.html

Archived