Texture discoloration

Nepro

On NiMaterialProperty:skin

Set Ambient colour to FFFFFF (aka 1 1 1)

Set Diffuse colour to FFFFFF

Ser Specular colour to 000000 (aka 0 0 0)(or FFFFFF if you prefer, with no NiSpecularProperty it makes no odds)

Set Emissive colour to 000000

Quite why some people decide to produce different skin tones (with consequent seams) by changing the defaults I'll never understand. If you want to change tones, adjust the texture. Simple, effective and uniform.

• 3 weeks later...

On NiMaterialProperty:skin

Set Ambient colour to FFFFFF (aka 1 1 1)

Set Diffuse colour to FFFFFF

Ser Specular colour to 000000 (aka 0 0 0)(or FFFFFF if you prefer, with no NiSpecularProperty it makes no odds)

Set Emissive colour to 000000

Quite why some people decide to produce different skin tones (with consequent seams) by changing the defaults I'll never understand. If you want to change tones, adjust the texture. Simple, effective and uniform.

I've been struggling trying to figure out something that is related. Some meshes (e.g., Corean head)  have a "3 - Default" name for the NiMaterialProperty. Is this just a name, or does the "default" in the name actually do something?

It is only a Name. And if you click "Optimize" - "Combine Properties" the 3 (3-Default) is gone and you only have "Default"

Head meshes can also have "Material" or other names. Only Body meshes must have "Skin" or the meshes do not use the different race textures.

Archived