How to change follower default clothing?

markkey

i managed to change their body when undressed, i used bodyslide to create custom nif.

when i try change their clothes to robes, they change into their default clothing. Makes no sense. I just want to give better looking robes. its the rag type robes though.

i tried deleting all body files associated with dds file format. This is located inside texture folder. This makes the npc look pink.

then i tried delete some nif files, doesnt work.

maybe its the esp file? 

the problem is that followers will revert back to their "default" clothes unless you do one of 2 things.

1. install a follower overhaul/manager mod that can block them from using their default clothes.  someone else may be able to better recommend a good one if you choose this option.

or

2. remove the default outfit from their inventory using the creation kit

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SkyrimCKPublic/discussions/1/882959061768715596/?l=portuguese

shows a video using creation kit that covers the inventory/default clothing tab of an npc. 

Well shouldn't this be in the technical help section? Saying that.

Ways to remove default clothes.

1) you can use a mod, such as Amazing Follower Tweaks, to remove the default uniform if you make the NPC a follower.

2)You can also make a mod yourself and remove defualt clothes. (instructions in the spoiler)

To do so,

open up the CK.

load Skyrim.esm as a master

ignore all the warnings

In the object window check look up the actor's section

Search for your NPC name in the actor section.

On the panel to the right, select your NPC and open up its details by double clicking the name.

go to the invantory tab.

at the top, change defualt outfit to NONE

Save, and name your mod!

load your new esm!

3) you can always force an NPC to wear an item.

target NPC

equipitem.XXXXXXX 1

Note the XXXXXXX is the item code for your clothing item

to find the code, try - help "name"

the problem is that followers will revert back to their "default" clothes unless you do one of 2 things.

1. install a follower overhaul/manager mod that can block them from using their default clothes.  someone else may be able to better recommend a good one if you choose this option.

or

2. remove the default outfit from their inventory using the creation kit

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SkyrimCKPublic/discussions/1/882959061768715596/?l=portuguese

shows a video using creation kit that covers the inventory/default clothing tab of an npc. 

Faster than me! Damn you!!!!!!!

I use Amazing Follower Tweaks, great mod, lets you customize many things about followers. Like armor, if they use magic can set their spell lists or deny them from using them, what weapon styles they would prefer to use. Its a very nice mod. It lets you customize up to 31 characters, and allows you to make characters who are not usually followers into followers.

One drawback is Dawnguard, do not use it on Serana, it breaks her AI and makes quests uncompleteable without console codes.

Otherwise I think UFO is another good one, I think it stands for Ultimate Follower Overhaul.

I use Amazing Follower Tweaks, great mod, lets you customize many things about followers. Like armor, if they use magic can set their spell lists or deny them from using them, what weapon styles they would prefer to use. Its a very nice mod. It lets you customize up to 31 characters, and allows you to make characters who are not usually followers into followers.

One drawback is Dawnguard, do not use it on Serana, it breaks her AI and makes quests uncompleteable without console codes.

Otherwise I think UFO is another good one, I think it stands for Ultimate Follower Overhaul.

thanks everyone, im using the ufo mod now, it worked. cheers

what about changing follower skin tone? one of my followers has very very pale skin, i wish sun time in skyrim would do the trick you know lol.

Archived