Wings.

kevanlol

So, I see a lot of devil/dragon wings, and fairy wings out there that are animated... but no bird/angel wings? Seems to me that with the huge amount and variety of mods in this game, that there would be something as simple as that already... but I cannot find it.

Does it already exist, and if so, could you give me a link?

If not.. could someone post/provide link to a tutorial on how to link meshes to animations, so I could do that for some existing wing meshes to make them work for the currently-existing animations.

Additionally, regarding Vip's Air Combat system... obviously being able to fly is pretty overpowering. My idea on how to modify this is by including fatigue in it, to limit your flight time. Naturally, flying is tiring, even for birds. The amount of time you can stay in the air would depend on your total fatigue. If you are flying too high, and become exhausted, you would fall to your death.

My question about doing this, is what actually happens when you run out of fatigue while flying? Does it automatically cancel? If so, it would be a simple matter to add a fatigue drain to an item to be equipped when you toggle it, or something like that.

If not, how would I make it cancel when you are out of fatigue?

Guest ThatOne

Firstly, search the blender website for tutorials. There's some useful stuff there that might help.

Secondly, modifying the air combat system to cancel when the player is out of fatigue would be a simple matter (relatively) - add a script check to see if the player is out of fatigue, and when he is call the script that cancels flight.

You are probably best setting the fatigue drain on a token (which acts like the scales of pitiless justice), and adding\removing that token when the player takes to the air.

You should also make a fatigue requirement for flight if you want to make it more immersive.

I hope this helps you,

-ThatOne

Archived