Texture Issue

I am trying to change CHSBHC V3-T Daedric replacer armor to the body that I use. I have everything set up correctly in nifskope, all the texture paths lead to the correct place, the texture shows up correctly in nifskope but when I go into game its the default skin texture. I have tried everything and I can't figure out WHY it is using the default texture and not what I pointed to. Anyone know what would cause that?

post-7703-0-70715900-1400811702_thumb.jpg

I am trying to change CHSBHC V3-T Daedric replacer armor to the body that I use. I have everything set up correctly in nifskope, all the texture paths lead to the correct place, the texture shows up correctly in nifskope but when I go into game its the default skin texture. I have tried everything and I can't figure out WHY it is using the default texture and not what I pointed to. Anyone know what would cause that?

attachicon.gifannoying.jpg

It's probably because the shader branch for that mesh in the .nif file is one copied from a naked body mesh from a different .nif file (so the skin tag was transferred over (I'm not sure what the exact flag settings are as I haven't looked into it with detail--it's probably because it's set as "Skin Tint" under the "Skyrim Shader Type", though not sure if other things correlate with it too)--because the skin color needs to change for customized characters, Skyrim reads in shaders with a skin tag and changes them to whatever was designated in the game's .esp for handling skin.

Basically, you just need to select that body mesh, delete it's "BSLightingShaderProperty" (Ctrl+Del), copy a "BSLightingShaderProperty" from another nif (Ctrl+C--most likely one that already has that chainmail set up; or any is fine, as long as it's not a naked body or one that dynamically swaps textures/colors in-game), select the "NiTriShape" of the body mesh and paste the non-skin "BSLightingShaderProperty" back into the body shape (Ctrl+V), change the texture paths accordingly, and save and test.

Hope this helps!

attachicon.gifannoying.jpg

It's probably because the shader branch for that mesh in the .nif file is one copied from a naked body mesh from a different .nif file (so the skin tag was transferred over (I'm not sure what the exact flag settings are as I haven't looked into it with detail--it's probably because it's set as "Skin Tint" under the "Skyrim Shader Type", though not sure if other things correlate with it too)--because the skin color needs to change for customized characters, Skyrim reads in shaders with a skin tag and changes them to whatever was designated in the game's .esp for handling skin.

Basically, you just need to select that body mesh, delete it's "BSLightingShaderProperty" (Ctrl+Del), copy a "BSLightingShaderProperty" from another nif (Ctrl+C--most likely one that already has that chainmail set up; or any is fine, as long as it's not a naked body or one that dynamically swaps textures/colors in-game), select the "NiTriShape" of the body mesh and paste the non-skin "BSLightingShaderProperty" back into the body shape (Ctrl+V), change the texture paths accordingly, and save and test.

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much, that worked perfectly! You rock.

Archived