PSC vs PEX, and FNIS for modders questions.

First of all, I had a question about the differences between PSC and PEX files:

If I were to add some new script (for animations) to one of the sexlab source files and compile it in creation kit, would the PSC file work as intended if sent to another person without them compiling it themselves? 

And second of all,  regarding FNIS for Modders:

related to the above, when adding new animations one must create or add to the FNIS txt file and compile it using the "for modders" functionality,  Is there any way to transfer this between people without them themselves having to run FNIS for Modders? (without creating an .esp)

Thanks in advance!  I thought of posting this in the General>modders resources forum, but it doesnt seem theres many question topics in there.....  Im just getting into modding and taking it relatively slowly.

Edit:  Also, in the script there seems to be an X axis ofset  ( Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "Cat_Doggystyle_A2_S1", 45.0, rotate=180.0)

does anyone know by how much a single reposistion in game (ex: pressing L once) equates to?

psc is source, so it has to be compiled before it can work. You want to send the pex file instead. Though it is good practice to send/release both psc and pex, so others can see what you have scripted.

FNIS_for_Modders generates an behaviors/FNIS_<mod>_Behavior.hkx. You have to distribute this together with the whole animations/<mod> folder (including the FNIS_<mod>_List.txt which you probably did refer to).

And you can always post questions like that in the FNIS modders thread. You are a modder, aren't you?  :)

Today is the day that I become a man, that I come of age, that I make my first useful contribution to the community, that I become a MODDER!  Couldnt post in there cause Im not one.... yet.   :) thanks, love your work.

Today is the day that I become a man, that I come of age, that I make my first useful contribution to the community, that I become a MODDER!  Couldnt post in there cause Im not one.... yet.   :) thanks, love your work.

I'm sorry if I destry a romantic affiliation to this day.  :D

A modder is a modder as soon as he intrudes the CK, and ejects his first esp. Like a woman is a woman when she makes love, not when she delivers the baby.

• 1 month later...

Archived