HDT crash ingame

Gorxes

Entering an area with multiple NPCs or creatures engaged in combat (with myself or each other) tends to crash my game.  This typically occurs in an outside cell, but has happened in large interiors like Nordic ruins. I'm not sure what's causing this - with PCEAr installed, HDT should only be affecting my character (using v14.28, with ADEC body).

I've had this problem for a while now - with my latest character, it took half an hour to follow Hadvar into Helgen!

latest hdtPhysicsExtensions.log contents:

INFO: Queue OK
INFO: System run with 12 threads
INFO: Havok simulated world created.
INFO: SKSEPlugin_Load
INFO: Cell changed...
INFO: Add character 00000014
sor Menu
INFO: Suspending ... Loading Menu
INFO: Resuming... Fader Menu
INFO: Cell changed...
INFO: Add character 00000014
ERROR: Fatal error occured
ERROR: Code : 0xc0000005
ERROR: Flag : 0x00000000
ERROR: Module :
ERROR: Address : 0x00424226
ERROR: Module Address : 0x00424000
ERROR: ExceptionContent saved in hdtPhysicsExtensions.dump
ERROR: Plugin is trying to save game

Any advice would be appreciated!

The HDT log is comprehensive. If there's any problem with any plugin, it's going to catch and log it.

I think the Error Code tells what plugin it is, but I have no idea how to translate it.

Even so, if you're using Mod Organizer, you can disable everything else to see if it's somehow your PE install.

How many mods are you running? How many skse plugins?

Looking at NMM, I'm currently running 109 active mods and about 6 plugins including 14.28.  I'll attempt a fresh game with just the plugins, see where it gets me.  Should I post a list of the mods?

Made it through Helgen's exterior 1st time, which I'll take as an indicator that it's down to a mod conflict.  This'll be fun... :dodgy:

I'll post again if I get anywhere.  If anyone can translate the error code, that'd be awesome.

Made it through Helgen's exterior 1st time, which I'll take as an indicator that it's down to a mod conflict.  This'll be fun... :dodgy:

I'll post again if I get anywhere.  If anyone can translate the error code, that'd be awesome.

If you're refreshing your install, I would definitely suggest a couple things

1.  do the download then copy that dir to like ./skyrimfresh or something.
  2. try mod organizer (link in my sig). it's easier and better than nmm. If a mod is fucking up, or you're trying to figure out which mod is fucking up, you just uncheck mods one at a time till you figure it out. Then there's the whole drag n drop load ordering. dog-ass simple.
  3. you can 'convert' from nmm to MO, especially if you still have all the install zips

What I've done is replayed Helgen's exterior scene, first without mods, then adding them one-by-one through NMM and playing the scene again.  I've worked my way up to 78 mods, realising that the remainder increase Havoc usage, duplicate functions of other mods, or simply aren't used.

In Bleak Falls Barrow - no crashes thus far!  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Despite initial appearences, the problem has not disappeared.  I originally thought it might be due to a mod crash, but would that cause an hdtphysicsextension save?  If it is a mod clash, I can't determine which ones.

There is an upside, however.  The crash only seems to occur when an actor is struck by a weapon (obviously not every time, or I'd never get anywhere!).  Unsure if magic counts for this, but melee weapons and bows definitely set it off.

So, does anyone know what the original error means?

are you using ssme, or the skse 1.7 alpha with the initial memory load fix? HDT will try to save anything the game exception faults, as long as it is set up to autosave. the error code you posted above is a fault i encountered when the game was trying too reference a deleted object. say mod "A" deletes tree here. mod "B" tries to move that tree. that will cause a crash. try using tes5edit and undelete deleted records.

Archived