[Question] Getting A Cbbe Shape Into Bodyslide 2 To Edit?

Niobia

Not sure exactly what you want to do to "edit" it

You normally put stuff in outfit studio to convert it to bodyslide.

Then use bodyslide to edit the body with the slider morphs and use that preset to make the body and armors matching

some bodyslide tuts
http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25180-unofficial-bodyslide-2outfit-studio-tutorials/

look under tutorials here

www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49015

to answer your question more directly, load reference for body nifs, and outfit for armor/cloths

What I mean is I'd like to take a body like ZGGB-CH and have it in bodyslide to tweak to a preset I can then use for various armors. I don't want to convert armor/cloting or anyting as I already know how to do that. I just want to try and get the actual body into bodyslide.

What I mean is I'd like to take a body like ZGGB-CH and have it in bodyslide to tweak to a preset I can then use for various armors. I don't want to convert armor/cloting or anyting as I already know how to do that. I just want to try and get the actual body into bodyslide.

In principle you can use any body in BodySlide.  HOWEVER...

The problem is that you'd have to create your own set of sliders for it.  The sliders act on the vertices on the body, and two different body meshes are not going to have vertices in the same places.  So unless ZGGB is simply a variant of CBBE which was, itself, created in BodySlide, then it will not be compatible with any of the sliders in BodySlide.

I believe that Caliente has written a fairly in-depth and comprehensive tutorial on how to create sliders for BodySlide, and you could certainly look up the procedure and attempt it yourself.  But unfortunately it won't be a plug-and-play process of loading the .nif into BS and playing with the sliders.

As others mentioned most of the sliders won't work or they will look funny; that said, since trying won't hurt you, open outfit studio and import the body nif just like a normal outfit and, using cbbe as the reference shape, conform all. All ZGGB bodytypes should support tbbp so you shouldn't have to copy the bone weights. If everything goes well you should be able to get your body to the desired shape, maybe fixing some broken slider. After you are done the last step would either be exporting the nif as is, if you are only interested in the body shape and you don't care about the sliders, or saving the project and then deleting the cbbe base shape in nifskope.

If outfit studio doesn't work for you then the only solution is a real 3d modeling tool.

In principle you can use any body in BodySlide.  HOWEVER...

The problem is that you'd have to create your own set of sliders for it.  The sliders act on the vertices on the body, and two different body meshes are not going to have vertices in the same places.  So unless ZGGB is simply a variant of CBBE which was, itself, created in BodySlide, then it will not be compatible with any of the sliders in BodySlide.

I believe that Caliente has written a fairly in-depth and comprehensive tutorial on how to create sliders for BodySlide, and you could certainly look up the procedure and attempt it yourself.  But unfortunately it won't be a plug-and-play process of loading the .nif into BS and playing with the sliders.

Thanks I decided to to just use bodyslide to try and mimic the shape as best as I could. I think I got pretty close. It's not exact and it's definitely not as smooth (stretched out polygons x_x) but it's good enough for personal use as I don't care about tiny things like that. That you for the input.

Archived