High Heel Replacers For Vanilla Boots

SJBlack2014

Have you tried this -> http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36213 ?

Currently seeing broken images there, maybe just me... but anyway, put simply, complete with MCM interface, the mod lets you add some height to the shoes your character is wearing.

... That's as far as I can remember. Haven't opened the menu in MCM for quite a long while now -__-

By HydrogensaysHDT, the founder of HDT PE himself.

I can't get it to work. all it does is making my character float :(

I've been looking around for a True High Heels system, but it seems like they only come with their own shoes.

There must be a mod that makes some of the vanilla boots true high heels??

Help would be very appreciated :)

In order to give vanilla boots high heels, a modder would have to re-sculpt the meshes for all of them. That is quite a bit of work and I don't know if anyone has done it yet. I imagine that if I had the skill and the time, I would come up with my own designs too.

Oh wait... you meant you want the vanilla shoes to actually have heels, not that the one you want already have heels, but they still go through the ground?

If that's the case,

In order to give vanilla boots high heels, a modder would have to re-sculpt the meshes for all of them. That is quite a bit of work and I don't know if anyone has done it yet. I imagine that if I had the skill and the time, I would come up with my own designs too.

Then yes, Art_B is right, the shoes have to have proper mesh/model with heels, -then- you can add some height manually using HDT HH, or if the shoes mod comes with HDT HH compatibility, HDT HH will know whether it's a high-heels or non-high-heels.

Otherwise, yes, it'd only make your character float since the shoes don't have heels.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Oh wait... you meant you want the vanilla shoes to actually have heels, not that the one you want already have heels, but they still go through the ground?

If that's the case,

Then yes, Art_B is right, the shoes have to have proper mesh/model with heels, -then- you can add some height manually using HDT HH, or if the shoes mod comes with HDT HH compatibility, HDT HH will know whether it's a high-heels or non-high-heels.

Otherwise, yes, it'd only make your character float since the shoes don't have heels.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I already have models of vanilla shoes with "fake" heels (boots from MAK's armor set) that actually make your character's legs shorter.

Using these fake heel models, can I turn them into real heels?? I still have to somehow make the legs normal length.

13004-2-1333680947.jpg

Update,

based on these models, I used nifskope to translate the toe & foot bones downwards, to make them go into the floor.

Opening the modified .nif file with Creation Kit shows that the boots in fact do go into the floor. Perfect, right? (lopsided on purpose to test)

boots.png

However, in-game, the boots still don't go through the ground.

They're not even lopsided. (it might seem so due to camera angle, but they're not)

The_Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim_2014_5_15_11_The_Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim_2014_5_15_11_

Can anyone help?

Update,

based on these models, I used nifskope to translate the toe & foot bones downwards, to make them go into the floor.

Opening the modified .nif file with Creation Kit shows that the boots in fact do go into the floor. Perfect, right? (lopsided on purpose to test)

boots.png

However, in-game, the boots still don't go through the ground.

They're not even lopsided. (it might seem so due to camera angle, but they're not)

The_Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim_2014_5_15_11_The_Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim_2014_5_15_11_

Can anyone help?

Moving things around in nifskope is not a good idea as most of the time the results differ from what you expect. You should follow the tutorial provided in the nexus mod page, the only thing you should modify through nifskope is the heels height. Try using outfit studio; in theory all you need to do is align the boots/shoes to the ankle. To test it out you could even swap the nifs with an hdt compatible mod so that you don't have to create a new esp from scratch.

Archived