Warning Popup In Game Startup And No Animations

First, I thought this was the correct forums for this question. If not, I'm sorry for the mistake, just point me in the direction I should be going. I am also VERY new to this so the solution could very well be extremely easy and I just do not have a clue. I have and am continuing to read through as many info/how to/installation/repuirement articles and guides I can...so I'm not just jumping right to the forums.

After installing the framework, update, and few other mods I had trouble launching the game, getting a message saying the program can't start because VCOMP100.DLL is missing and to install the program. However the game starts up normally right afterwards. Once my game began I recieved a warning popup saying the papyrusutil was not found or was too old (I had not downloaded it at this point). I also had problems with the menus not being loaded correctly. I went back and simply reinstalled the mods through Nexus which fixed the menu issues. Then I downloaded the papyrusutil 2.2 mod and the storage mod.

I'm still getting the vcomp error message when launches and recieve two warning popups as the games starts. The first still says that the papyrusutil is not found or is too old. The second says that sexlab requires papyrus plugin 2.2 or newer along SKSE and I needed to make sure the StorageUtil was located in the Skyrim/SKSE/Plugins/folder. I closed the game and located the folder and the storageutil is in there. I made sure all SKSE, SkyUI, and FNIS were all correctly installed which they seem as though they are (there are other mods that require them which work flawlessly). I tried uninstall/reinstall papyrus using Nexus, and still recieve the messages.

EDIT:

I went in and tested a bit more. Although all the mod configuration menus and dialogue menus are present without issue, no animations start (I do have more mods other than the framework) even when characters agree to engage. The menu just closes and they stand there, walk away, and/or start their normal in game dialogue.

EDIT 2:

I believe I have fixed the VCOMP100.DLL problem which took care of the launch error message and the warnings about the missing papyrus. Getting somewhere!! Still no animations whatsoever when trying to engage NPCs.

PapyrusUtil requires that file as you probably guessed. As for the animations, did you run FNIS or just install it? If you did run it, there's probably something else wrong, for which you'll need to post a papyrus log of you trying to start some animation ingame and your load order to troubleshoot.

PapyrusUtil requires that file as you probably guessed. As for the animations, did you run FNIS or just install it? If you did run it, there's probably something else wrong, for which you'll need to post a papyrus log of you trying to start some animation ingame and your load order to troubleshoot.

I did run it, and I ran it after installing each mod which instructed to run it after installation.

Here is the text after running it (I didn't know how to post it so it's just a copy-paste)

FNIS Behavior V5.0.2   5/12/2014 12:47:38 PM

Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim (Steam)

Generator: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users

Skeleton female: Default (99 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)

Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"

Reading FNIS V5.0.2 ...

Reading FNISBase V5.0.2 ...

Reading FNISCreatureVersion V5.0.2 ...

Reading SexLab V?.? ...

Reading SexLabCreature V?.? ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files ...

Create Creature Behaviors ...

Reading SexLabCreature V?.? ...

1165 animations for 5 mods successfully included (character)

307 animations for 1 mods and 17 creatures successfully included.

I don't know how to do a payrus log at the moment...but I will post that as soon as I figure it out.

Here is a copy and paste from a website on how to set up your papyrus.

1.  First, Enable Papyrus Logging by opening your Skyrim.ini file located at [YourWindowsUsername]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini

2.  Find the [Papyrus] heading (or if it doesn't exist, create it at the end of the file) and add the following:

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation = 1

Now, Papyrus is enabled!  Now what?

3.  Enter your game.  If it crashes to desktop, hopefully it will log the errors you've encountered.  If this is the case skip ahead a bit to step 5.

4.  Play the game for a while.  When it starts lagging up or giving you problems, open console by hitting the ~ key (or `, depending on how you look at it) and type 'dps' without the quotes.  This will dump a log file to your My Games/Skyrim directory.

5.  Open up [YourWindowsUsername]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Logs\Script\Papyrus0.log
(the newest log will always be appended with a 0)

Once you have done that. Open your papyrus0.log and copy it into a word or some other program, so it turns it into lines instead of a wall of text. Then save that file as what ever you want to name it. Then zip the file and upload it here in a post as a zipped file.

Were you actually trying to start animation in this? There's nothing from Sexlab itself in there. In fact, aroused and lover's comfort seem to try access it but can't. It would indicate Sexlab isn't installed properly.

FNIS is seeing Sexlab as well according to your FNIS output.

I keep seeing this error a ton.

ERROR: Cannot call DaysSinceLastSex() on a None object, aborting function call

Also it does show sexlab.

[05/12/2014 - 01:40:17PM] SexLab Loaded CurrentVerison: 15700

I am not good at reading papyrus yet.

Have you tried running the sexlab clean up function so it rebuilds sexlab? Also what all mods are you trying to activate sex animations with?

Have you tried running the sexlab clean up function so it rebuilds sexlab? Also what all mods are you trying to activate sex animations with?

Well, "reading" it usually requires going through the script sources to see what it is actually referencing. Which mod authors usually need to do anyway ;)

That's a SexLab function the other mods are trying to access, but for some reason SexLab is none, as in, not initialized properly usually.

Op! The cleanup worked. After that the animations began. Of course the solution would have been that simple. Sorry for my BS guys, thanks for the patience.  ^-^;;

Anything else I should/need to check just to be sure?

If they are working now you should be good to go.

Just keep in mind sexlab very recently had a major overhaul in how it is written. Changing several aspects of it. Not all of the other mods here on LL have all been updated to work with the new sexlab but most of them are being worked on to update them. So expect a few bumps, quirks and even a few of them to not work till all the bugs get worked out to work with the new sexlab.

Well, "reading" it usually requires going through the script sources to see what it is actually referencing. Which mod authors usually need to do anyway ;)

That's a SexLab function the other mods are trying to access, but for some reason SexLab is none, as in, not initialized properly usually.

Yeah I kinda got that, but I saw earlier it was seeing sexlab yet having errors which is why I suggested the OP run the cleanup and see if that was the issue and it sounds like it might have been.

Archived