ZF Primary Needs OR iNeed ???

gooser

I can't speak for ZF, but I gave up RND for iNeed.I'd say it depends on how many features you want. iNeed is very light,  isn't heavily scripted, it's pretty unobtrusive and easy to configure. I've found it very stable. I really like it's alpha icons. 

It's big advantage is that it will probably get on with most other immersion mods without needing compatibility patches due to it's simplicity. 

I've been thinking about switching to ineed.  I started with RND but had conflicts with other mods.  I had switched to Eat and Sleep and like it for the most part but it has so many settings to me that seem a bit unnecessary.  Also, the hud that it uses isn't the most elegant, it's clever though.

Thanks! That helps!

You're welcome.

I've been thinking about switching to ineed.  I started with RND but had conflicts with other mods.  I had switched to Eat and Sleep and like it for the most part but it has so many settings to me that seem a bit unnecessary.  Also, the hud that it uses isn't the most elegant, it's clever though.

Yeah iNeed's hud is the best thing about it imo, I really like the alpha icons that only appear when you need to do something as that works best with iHud, though the coloured alpha option is very useful if you've set the mod up to be much harsher than default, then you can tell what stage you're at by the colour too.

I prefer ineed myself. I wouldn't say it is better than the other needs mods persay but I like the features it offers and it is a lighter script than most. Which helps if you run a lot of heavy scripted sexlab mods.

The other reasons I like ineed is the icons that show up on your screen when you are hungry etc, it is not intrusive, yet very easy to see and you don't have to notice the text telling you. Also I love that you can have your followers join in with you as you eat etc instead of them standing their watching you. Assuming you are into immersive play like I am and like to sit at a table at a inn etc to eat. Having your follower sit across from you and use eating animations as well is a nice touch.

IMHO the only downside to ineed is it doesn't cover diseases or bathing.

• 6 months later...

When people say RND needs more patches, isn't that simply because iNeed has less features?

iNeed doesn't let you refill water from rivers, streams, ponds, etc, right? I consider that a pretty crucial feature for immersive survival.

From the mod's page, you can fill waterskins at waterfalls or craft them at a cooking pot, so you can easily role-play taking waters from streams by "purifying" it on a fire (basically make a fire near water and bring a cooking pot with you). Otherwise you've got Innkeepers, certain travellers, friendly NPCs, buckets during rain (wonder if you can carry a bucket on you to get water).

I'd say that's plenty features. At least, enough to never run out of water

When people say RND needs more patches, isn't that simply because iNeed has less features?

iNeed doesn't let you refill water from rivers, streams, ponds, etc, right? I consider that a pretty crucial feature for immersive survival.

From the mod's page, you can fill waterskins at waterfalls or craft them at a cooking pot, so you can easily role-play taking waters from streams by "purifying" it on a fire (basically make a fire near water and bring a cooking pot with you). Otherwise you've got Innkeepers, certain travellers, friendly NPCs, buckets during rain (wonder if you can carry a bucket on you to get water).

I'd say that's plenty features. At least, enough to never run out of water

For me, I highly value being able to get water from rivers or other open bodies of water. There isn't always a waterfall nearby, and my character doesn't always have camping equipment handy. I find it incredibly useful (and realistic) to be able to just run up to the side of a river and quickly get a drink or refill an empty bottle before going on my way again.

The water barrel feature from iNeed looks interesting though. Would be convenient for custom homes that are outside of towns and without a nearby water source.

Archived