Are JRPG's Dead?

Presto

• 5 months later...
Guest Lady Luck

final fantasy we all know and loved as passed through it's age , and moved to modern times people forget who settled the first era and change the story line and it does have that " dead " feeling, anyway jrpg isn't dying infact they are huge increasing community on psp platform

fps-map-design-then-and-now-10705-1289245688-26.jpg

This can apply to RPGs too. In fact' date=' what this implies can be applied to any modern game really.

I've never been a huge fan of PC-type RPGs but always a big fan of jRPGs, right back from when I first played Phantasy Star 2. Everything these days seems so dumbed down and most significantly you feel railroaded into a single stream that you can't deviate off.

There's always an unnecessary desire for developers to try new systems and battle formats. Sometimes they really should just go back to basics and stop messing with things. I'm pretty sure that 99% of RPG fans want the same too.

If any of you haven't played Star Ocean - The Second Story on the PS1 I recommend you do. It's one the hands down best games ever. Fuck saving the country or the planet, let's save the entire galaxy from destruction.

[/quote']

isnt the left map from Doom? sorry skipped posts lol

Archived