NPC Use Different Body Shapes

Guest Jenova23

Guest Jenova23

Is there any mod out there that allows NPC to have different body shapes without having to set each and everyone like Set Body for example, or VORB which just alters the skeleton of one bodyshape. I want to use a variety of body shapes without having to rely on the same mesh for every NPC. I also looked at True Body Shapes but that is still in beta and I don't want to risk crashing my game.

If you mean when naked then I have never hear of it (aside from the true body shapes thing).

EDIT: Now the t-spec version of setbody will auto assign a body type to an npc when you get them naked so perhaps that could be an option. However whatever body they have naked goes right back to the default once they put back on clothes (see more on this below).

If you want a little variety then something you could do is alter some clothes and armor to use a different body shape. Examples: change some dresses or armors to use A or B cup sizes. Just be sure that the outfit covers both the upper and lower meshes together or you could have seem gaps especially if you use different body types. Better to stick with one body type and just use different cup sizes. Note, you can do the same for men as well just remember about the mixing and match upper/lower meshes issues.

Note: doing this will obviously make it a permanent thing so do it to armors/clothes that you only want THAT cup size to be changed as you can't alter it in game for different npc's.

Sadly this is the limit of the game engine (one body type) and the lack of someone sitting down and making a mod like "Body by Race" for New Vegas. I can understand as it is a hell of a lot of work and would be largely incompatible with most other clothing mods.

Guest GingerTom

All Shapes and Sizes:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4205

Short and stocky or short and thin or tall and stocky or tall and thin etc--and it's all random.

'Thin, Average and Stocky). Giving a total of 9 choices for each race. You will be able to choose the size you want to be at the character creation menu.'

As long as you play as one of the vanilla races (vanilla as is one of the original races.) If you pick non-vanilla race your character doesn't get to choose a size.

I always have it on.

NOTE: Only changes size of vanilla races.

Guest GingerTom

gregathit, everything, absolutely everything, looks great with it--but I couldn't make any companions out of them for some reason (through the cs.)

Guest Jenova23

Basically I modded just about every NPC in oblivion and they all have different body shapes, cloths, armor and nude meshes but when there naked during sex or other things they reset to there default body unless I use set body before hand but I cant always get to them on time during game play and it really kills immersion for me, I just want them to keep the same body type I have two ideas if possible.

IDEA 1

I know there's a option in lovers that lets you choose what NPC wear I believe when NPC take off there armor they still keep there cloths on maybe I could just use nude body shapes as cloths someone can then just add option in lovers for cloths and armor removal then I could just make nude body shapes as cloths NPC would then remove there armor but still keep cloths/nude body shape on only downfall is I would also have to convert a lot of cloths into armor or just remove them still worth the work if I can get it to work this way maybe some can tinker with lovers a bit possibly add this feature it wouldn't be hard to just edit each NPC this way it's just going to be very time consuming

IDEA 2

You could also just add a set number of body types/ cloths to lovers that NPC always keep on no matter what that way you could just drag and drop there body shapes into there inventory.

Guest GingerTom

Jenova23, it's the bottom part of the 'Lovers' body that replaces 'your' body--I doubt that can be changed that easily.

I used All Shapes and Sizes and was Short/Thin--along comes a sex scene and I'm suddenly six feet tall at the end of it--but I lost the height as soon as I stood up. :-/

From what i remember there was an older version of setBody mod who does this automatically at the begin of a new game also during game play it will shuffle body type making all npc unique. I am not sure what version it was but used to be available on shyuploader.

The modderteam extended version 3.0 does this. However you have to buy it and sharing is a no no. :(

EDIT: It also only did this for the naked mesh. You didn't see any changes until they were nude and then the change went away as soon as they got dressed.....which was just a little silly when an A cup nude went back to a see thru chainmail top sporting an Hcup :( Can anyone say false advertising :)

Archived