Need help with a tattoo placement

kissofthehell

30 minutes?  I've lost whole days trying to figure out how to do things other folk get done in 30 seconds and still wouldn't admit defeat and ask others to rescue me - and I'm a techno wimp.   I'm not at my home pc so can't do it for you. What's the problem you're having exactly?

Normally you'd:

load the dds file in gimp or ps and load the tattoo psd

make any scaling change to the tattoo layer 

copy past it as a layer onto the dds

position it, apply any processing effects you want to achieve like opacity, colour balance or hue/contrast

anchor the layer and flatten the composite image

choose a compression rate - dxt 1 will usually suffice for diffuse maps

save/export it - done. 

If the problem is positioning, either use another tattooed dds file as a visual reference or learn to enjoy good old trial and error like the rest of us  :)

30 minutes?  I've lost whole days trying to figure out how to do things other folk get done in 30 seconds and still wouldn't admit defeat and ask others to rescue me - and I'm a techno wimp.   I'm not at my home pc so can't do it for you. What's the problem you're having exactly?

Normally you'd:

load the dds file in gimp or ps and load the tattoo psd

make any scaling change to the tattoo layer 

copy past it as a layer onto the dds

position it, apply any processing effects you want to achieve like opacity, colour balance or hue/contrast

anchor the layer and flatten the composite image

choose a compression rate - dxt 1 will usually suffice for diffuse maps

save/export it - done. 

If the problem is positioning, either use another tattooed dds file as a visual reference or learn to enjoy good old trial and error like the rest of us  :)

I tried doing it but for some reason when i copy the tatto layer itself and paste it on the skin, the tatto itself copies to the upper right corner. Its like during the copy of the layer it does not copy properly or copies in such a way that it moves to upper right and does not compy whole size of layer.

And that where the problem comes during free transforming the layer to fit it. Ive done similiar things in before and copy layer + free transform worked but this time it does not

I've also just had a quick go at it here. Might not be positioned how you want it but try it. 

It's hard to make a good thing when you dont know where they want it xD

Well once it's scaled the same as the target the intended layout is fairly obvious, but it's not snap to fit so there's a margin for adjustment. I placed the belly button crescent so the labia wasn't covered by ink but it might not be what the OP wants.

I also didn't mess with opacity or contrast, though I definitely would if it was for me, just to give it more of the look of a tattoo's ink having bled into skin and faded somewhat rather than brand new ink appearing to sit on top of it like a transfer. But that's my preference possibly not their's.  

I've also just had a quick go at it here. Might not be positioned how you want it but try it. 

It's hard to make a good thing when you dont know where they want it xD

Well once it's scaled the same as the target the intended layout is fairly obvious, but it's not snap to fit so there's a margin for adjustment. I placed the belly button crescent so the labia wasn't covered by ink but it might not be what the OP wants.

I also didn't mess with opacity or contrast, though I definitely would if it was for me, just to give it more of the look of a tattoo's ink having bled into skin and faded somewhat rather than brand new ink appearing to sit on top of it like a transfer. But that's my preference possibly not their's.  

Well im only make armor's wepons and doungons so when it comes to making bodys and tattos its kida new for me

When i have both of the body and the psd file on photoshop and i quickly switch between them the parts themselves are alligned properly

I attacked the original file from the Nexus mod for UNP body. Thats how the tattoos should be alligned. Sorry for replying so late. Took a nap

It's fine im going to head out for 1 or 2 hours i will start working on it when i get back.

Archived