Sexlab (Basic) Tutorial

orcking12

I think a basic tutorial on how to make a basic ask for sex get sex mod with SexLab would be a big help for this community. I'm not talking about how to create a quest or make a character or zone that can be learned on the creationkit website, what i'm talking about is once you have made a quest added the dialouge and objectives were and how to:

1. Where to place the script

2. What type of basic script to use

3. How to use the sexlab framwork and add properties

Again the guide wouldn't have to be long it would only have to show the scripting part of a simple walk up to X actor, ask for sex, and at the end of the dialouge sex starts.

This would be a great help for i know how to create zones, characters, quests, and set-up the creation kit to use multiple masters. I just am not clear on were and how to put the script, I know you need to use the script from Astai site and you basically use the properties from the sexlabframe script, but i just need a simple step by step walkthrough on what script to use and were to put it after you made the quest. Once i got the basics down on the scripting for a simple ask for sex get sex i could start experimenting and teach myself the rest.

If some one had the time and wanted to do this It would be must appreciated, also i have went to astai site the "sexlab site" and looked around the web for guides but their all either more advanced or taylored to something specific some one has asked for scripting help on. I just need to know what script to use, were to put in the quest, for a simple walk up to X target ask for sex, sex starts. Then i can experiment with things from their on my own.

I think a basic tutorial on how to make a basic ask for sex get sex mod with SexLab would be a big help for this community. I'm not talking about how to create a quest or make a character or zone that can be learned on the creationkit website, what i'm talking about is once you have made a quest added the dialouge and objectives were and how to:

1. Where to place the script

2. What type of basic script to use

3. How to use the sexlab framwork and add properties

Again the guide wouldn't have to be long it would only have to show the scripting part of a simple walk up to X actor, ask for sex, and at the end of the dialouge sex starts.

This would be a great help for i know how to create zones, characters, quests, and set-up the creation kit to use multiple masters. I just am not clear on were and how to put the script, I know you need to use the script from Astai site and you basically use the properties from the sexlabframe script, but i just need a simple step by step walkthrough on what script to use and were to put it after you made the quest. Once i got the basics down on the scripting for a simple ask for sex get sex i could start experimenting and teach myself the rest.

If some one had the time and wanted to do this It would be must appreciated, also i have went to astai site the "sexlab site" and looked around the web for guides but their all either more advanced or taylored to something specific some one has asked for scripting help on. I just need to know what script to use, were to put in the quest, for a simple walk up to X target ask for sex, sex starts. Then i can experiment with things from their on my own.

What everybody who hasn't tried modding yet doesn't understand is using the framework for a simple sex act through dialog for example isn't difficult at all.

Set your property SexLab to SexLabFramework in your script or script fragment then use a function like the example below

actor[] SexActors = new actor[2]

SexActors[0] = PlayerRef

SexActors[1] = Akspeaker

sslBaseAnimation[] anims = SexLab.GetAnimationsByTag(2, "BlowJob" )

SexLab.StartSex(activeActors, anims)

If put in a script fragment that will cause the player and who she/he is talking to play any animation that has the tag "BlowJob"  it can be as simple as that or as complicated as you want there are a lot of advanced features too.

That part is simple that's the point of the framework to make everyones life easier. The thing that you need a tutorial for is right on the wiki for the creation kit do the dialog tutorial then take what you learn from that to do this.

There is no way to do anything involving other actors without making a quest,scripts ect. So you have to learn the basics first which there are plenty of tutoriols for and once you get a basic grasp of things start tinkering with/tearing apart mods it's the only way to learn.

Edit: I kind of did a basic tutorial for someone a while back it took me a while to find it. In the 5th post of the topic I have linked below under the spoiler is an example script that has my notes all over it to explain what does what. I would read the whole topic Ashal has some helpful post there too.

Basic Guide

Check out a few basic tutorials in creationkit.com. Look for the link to the SexLab GIT in SexLab's main thread and use it's small wiki for reference. Open SexLab Matchmaker and SexLab Zzz in the creation kit to see how they work. And ask questions when you get stuck. That's how I started at least.

Might also be good to download BSAUnpacker which will help you look through the scripts of other popular SexLab mods to see how they're scripted.

Archived