Easy AI package or insanely confusing quest?

So I have been trying to make a quest using SL Arousal to have NPC's start sex with my PC when their arousal level reaches 90. Now I have figured out how to do it quite easily with an AI package that seems to work rather well the majority of the time. A simple travel to get close to me, then cast magic spell to start sex, with conditions set for Line of Sight and sl_arousal >=90. I've tried adding the package to the NPC's through a quest, so many times I nearly lost my mind in fact. Tried it through story manager, tried it through a cloak effect and I just get lost. SO my question is...if I just add the package to all the women in the game instead of fighting with the quest anymore. Is it going to cause massive problems? Besides the obvious downside of never being able to publish the mod like that.

Make sure you create new NPC's. Skyrim has a habbit of running old packages even if you alter or replace them. Savegame have a memory as stuborn as that of an elephant at times. You'd probably need to just set it as a behaviour package through editing the NPC in Creation Kit. With a normal behaving package as well. Then it normally uses the ordinary package but if arousal shoots up to 90, that changes.

You can also try a radius instead of line of sight. Or make them cast an active effect on you and have the AI check if you currently have the active effect, then rely on the ordinary arousal rape mechanics Sexlab Arousal can use.

I don't know too much about combining package and script though. But it's some ideas. If it won't work, think about how something else could have the same or a similar result.

So I have been trying to make a quest using SL Arousal to have NPC's start sex with my PC when their arousal level reaches 90. Now I have figured out how to do it quite easily with an AI package that seems to work rather well the majority of the time. A simple travel to get close to me, then cast magic spell to start sex, with conditions set for Line of Sight and sl_arousal >=90. I've tried adding the package to the NPC's through a quest, so many times I nearly lost my mind in fact. Tried it through story manager, tried it through a cloak effect and I just get lost. SO my question is...if I just add the package to all the women in the game instead of fighting with the quest anymore. Is it going to cause massive problems? Besides the obvious downside of never being able to publish the mod like that.

Glad to hear your still working on this I remember your post from a few months ago and I liked the idea of this mod.

Using an alias is the reliable way to go. I wouldn't manually add a package to every female NPC which would be the only other option.

When I first started trying to use use an alias that triggered on conditions it about drove me nuts. The problem I was having and it is probably yours too is the conditions for the alias to fill. You think your doing a hundred other things wrong but that's normally it. It took me a lot of trial and error for me to figure out I what I was doing wrong and I felt like an idiot afterwards.

What I did wrong and possibly what your doing is I left out two very important conditions in the Alias. Number one was GetIsReference  player == 0 on subject because the game always picks the player as the closest actor to the player. Number Two was IsActor  == 1 on the subject. That was the big one because the game will pick any object closest to the player. In your head you know it's an actor so you don't think about it but the game doesn't know that and you have to tell it. These were my issue's anyway when I first strated messing around with quest alias's.

Also check the wiki quest alias section and pay close attention to which fill type conditions that only run on the player for your alias I would probably use Find matching reference, in loaded area, closest. The conditions for that one will run on both the player and NPC. And you will need to make a lot of alias's or have a way to stop/start the quest after each one is filled because the game only loads the alias when the quest starts. A simple function such as this added to your spell script or anywhere else you would like to use it:

MyFunction()

myquest.stop()

Utility.wait(5)

myquest.start()

EndFunction  

would work fine if your not using quest stages for your quest or you can set up a dummy quest with your alias that you can start and stop with the main quest.

Download WorkingGirl the newest version and look at the quest _SLWG_RandomApproachPlayer in the alias tab I'm doing something similiar with that it works from a certain distance from the player and triggers a forcegreet rather than a travel to -use spell package but it should be about the same concept.

If none of this helps keep asking it might be a while before I get back on here I have some errands to run but me or someone else will be happy to walk you through it since your willing to put the effort in on your part. Good luck I think if you decide to release this once it's working and polished a lot of people would want to use a pluggin like this

Thanks for the advice and I will try it later. I actually just finished adding the AI packages to 1903 NPC's! Seems to be working so far, but now I am trying to figure out how to add a magic effect to hostile NPC's after the sex scene. I call it my killer cum shot...struggling with that now.

Thanks for the advice and I will try it later. I actually just finished adding the AI packages to 1903 NPC's! Seems to be working so far, but now I am trying to figure out how to add a magic effect to hostile NPC's after the sex scene. I call it my killer cum shot...struggling with that now.

Lol have fun with your killer cum shot. 1903 NPC's screw that , that's a lot work I'm way too lazy for something like that.

Archived