The Basics Of Manually Installing Mods?

grymsoul

Hey, guys, I need your help once again. I'm new to the whole manually installing mods method. I find that I'm having problem getting it to activate in game. Specifically the mod I'm having problems with is the ZGGB-R Mod. I was able to get the actually body into the game but I wasn't able to do the sweaty, muscles, armor or pretty much a whole bunch of things activated. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Am I putting them into the wrong folder? Where SHOULD they be going?

Is there a forum and already made topic that explain's the basicality of manually installing mods, namely body mods? Thank you for your time and advise.

Having started off manually installing with Morrowind and still doing it with Skyrim, for a while, and having also used OMM, FOMM and NMM I can honestly say that I'll never use those methods again. From now on I won't be installing mods with anything besides Mod Organizer. There is not one good reason to not use and I could list a couple dozen good reason TO use it. It really has no downside at all. I only wish I started using it earlier.

hi gvman, I've gotten great advise from you before so maybe you can help me again. What is this Mod Organizer? Will it be easier to get the above mentioned mod working for me? Also, where can I download it? Thank you

Also thank you for your advise, Thulas.

Mod Organizer.... http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334/?

It works with any mods that would normally go in the Skyrim /data/ folder. That means that only ENBs and SKSE need manually installed into the Skyrim directory since they don't go in the /data/ folder. I have three different body types installed in MO right now since I have three profiles (each a different character and game saves) and each uses a different body. So I don't see why this body type wouldn't work, too.

Just be sure to do some learning about how to use it first, but if you can manually install mods and use NMM then you should be able to work with MO. There are tutorials here on LL in the non-adult section and tutorial vids on YouTube.

Archived