Sort of an Odd Request

UPDATE: I have uploaded the file Crippling Poisons 1.0. I am abandoning this thread.

I have been searching the CK for conditions that change the way poisons affect the PC. So far I have come up empty-handed. If anyone knows where to find this, or if I am even searching the right place, I would appreciate any help.

I assume you're talking about potion-type poisons and not unique enemy poisons (i.e. chaurus bites)? I'm not sure that I completely understand the question, though. Are you asking about how/if the CK governs poison being applied to a weapon, or just the effects when a target is actually poisoned? Are you asking about the effects of poisons in general, or about changing how they specifically affect the PC?

The poisons themselves are, naturally, under Magic > Potions, though that only covers the relatively few premade poisons and not those created through alchemy. The actual effects used by poisons, including those that are player-made, are under Magic > Magic Effect, but editing any widely-used variable like that is probably a bad idea. Also, you can try looking in the Gameplay > Settings menu, it covers a few other global values which might be useful for your purposes.

Beyond that, I don't know what to say without anything a bit more specific in regards to what you're trying to do, so if that doesn't cover it, then I apologize for misunderstanding.

I assume you're talking about potion-type poisons and not unique enemy poisons (i.e. chaurus bites)? I'm not sure that I completely understand the question, though. Are you asking about how/if the CK governs poison being applied to a weapon, or just the effects when a target is actually poisoned? Are you asking about the effects of poisons in general, or about changing how they specifically affect the PC?

The poisons themselves are, naturally, under Magic > Potions, though that only covers the relatively few premade poisons and not those created through alchemy. The actual effects used by poisons, including those that are player-made, are under Magic > Magic Effect, but editing any widely-used variable like that is probably a bad idea. Also, you can try looking in the Gameplay > Settings menu, it covers a few other global values which might be useful for your purposes.

Beyond that, I don't know what to say without anything a bit more specific in regards to what you're trying to do, so if that doesn't cover it, then I apologize for misunderstanding.

Actually I was thinking about enemies, specifically humanoids, using potion type poisons, including frostbite venom and paralysis poisons, against the PC, and giving those specific types more hardcore effects; these effects would be crippling, and not deadly. I am planning on creating a much larger mod with poison usage against the PC as a big part of the mod, but I have to learn the basics first, and this seems fairly basic to me.

Remember this: I want to add effects and make other effects more hard hitting.

If I apply the frostbite venom effects that I want to add to the frostbite spider's web attack, it could be both good and bad depending on how each player wants to play, so I'm undecided as to whether or not I want to mess with enemy poison attacks. I may wait for enough requests to do so, but that is in the distant future.

I do, however, want to be able to mix frostbite venom and paralysis poisons with booze. This is another big part of the mod I want to make, but it is only one of many paths to be able to play with the eventually larger mod.

I only want to make smaller mods like this for the time being so I can learn this stuff, and share with the community to get helpful advice.

Thanks for the reply. I'm on standby.

So I'm getting the idea that it would be better to create new versions of these poisons instead of editing the poisons that already exist. If anyone knows of a tutorial for this, please share. In the meantime I'll look for one myself.

After I learn how to make them, I'll need to figure out how to get them into the hands of the enemy humaniods of certain factions.

So I'm getting the idea that it would be better to create new versions of these poisons instead of editing the poisons that already exist. If anyone knows of a tutorial for this, please share. In the meantime I'll look for one myself.

After I learn how to make them, I'll need to figure out how to get them into the hands of the enemy humaniods of certain factions.

arent there allready falmer that use poisen on the player?

arent there allready falmer that use poisen on the player?

I don't know about the falmer, except that, with the mods I use, they kick my ass.

OK so I figured out how to get the poison into the enemies' inventories, but not all of the enemies I want to have it actually receive it; I started with the White River Watch bandits near the Honningbrew Meadery, but the two bandits outside the cave had no poisons, and one of them should have had two. Ulfr the Blind has one, and Havjarr Iron-hand has three. Again, if anyone wants to test this to see if it works I will upload it; just say the word.

BTW I started a new game without uninstalling any of my mods except for the ENB and its related mods; the ENB nuked my computer anyway so goodbye to that.

Archived