No Mods working after re-installation

Sacres

I deleted my skyrim folder, re-downloaded it, and now all of my mods aren't working when i try to re-install them. And SkyUI's papyrus keeps getting an error code 4. I don't know if that has to do with the problem or not, but the bEnableFileSelection=1 is there in both the skyrim folder and the other one in the my documents folder. I've tried getting all my mods to work, and I reinstalled NMM, and install through NMM but so far, nothing has worked at all, and it's getting annoying. And i also don't know how to change the paths so it can work again in the NMM thing. Just any help would be appreciated. it's getting annoying.

You have compressed versions of all your mod files still?

If so do yourself a HUGE favor and delete NMM altogether (NMM's mod folder holds zipped mods so you can just move those to a new folder to save them). Then download and install Mod Organizer. May as well since you just reinstalled and MO will keep your install clean and new forever so you'll never need to reinstall again! That is pure fucking awesomeness, my friend. Plus all the other cool stuff it can do.

You'll also want to go to documents/my games/Skyrim and just delete the entire Skyrim folder. You'll get a fresh one as soon as you run the Skyrim Launcher .exe anyway. If you don't delete this folder junk from your old game will make it into the new install and mess shit up.

Then go to this thread and follow the instructions. Do yourself that much of a favor. You'll have a smooth, stable Skyrim if you do. And do these thing before adding mods to the game.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/26468-guide-want-a-ctd-free-and-blistering-fast-skyrim-game-here-you-go/

Now once you've given your Skyrim install some TLC and have it ready to mod go ahead and use Mod Organizer to start installing those mods you saved. Remember that MO keeps those mods outside the Skyrim folder so that your clean, fresh, stable Skyrim will now stay that way. You should only need to install SKSE and any ENB files manually into the Skyrim directory, and anything that normally goes into /data/ will go into Mod Organizer.

Trust me. It's worth it to go through the motions to make the game stable and stay that way forever. These reinstalls and trying to get mods to work is a time wasting pain in the ass.

Archived