Vanilla Armor Causing CTD

China Cat

It seems every time I install/uninstall mods I break something, usually I can figure out how to fix it but I'm not sure with this one. When I equip vanilla armor from my inventory it equips but doesn't appear. I tried killing a guard to equip their armor and CTD, also I tried starting new games, my character is wearing the roughspun tunic but as soon as I unequip it I CTD. Am I missing some meshes/textures for the vanilla armors? If so can I get them back without reinstalling the game?

So the males in your game aren't getting a custom skeleton for some reason. What race are you playing as? Because your skeleton gets installed on everyone else unless you're a non-vanilla race. One reason I hate dealing with being anything besides a vanilla race. The hassle isn't worth it. I see you've got a RCOTS or SkyKids picture there so you're playing as a child race? PITA.

When you run FNIS how many bones are showing in the male skeleton? If it shows 99 bones then you still have a vanilla skeleton. XPMS will show 242 bones for both males and females.

Yes it's showing 99 bones, and yes I have an Rcots character but my other 2 characters are vanilla races. It's weird I haven't had an issue with it until now, and I don't remember doing anything that would interfere with it. It happened after I was installing/uninstalling lighting mods, but I don't see a connection there.  Before this problem I had an issue where the game would CTD on loading or starting a new game unless I unchecked the esp for the RCOTS armor pack, I reinstalled the armor pack and that fixed those crashes but now I'm stuck with these crashes.

Are you using NMM? Manual? Mod Organizer?

Using MO is the only workable way to run multiple characters. So if you are using MO you need to run FNIS from inside of MO (as an executable binary) every time you change characters or it will either crash or freeze characters. This is because the info generate by the FNIS tool goes into the overwrite folder/mod.

Okay I installed the XP32 skeleton again and I can't reproduce the crashes, thanks. The only thing it hasn't fixed is vanilla armor doesn't appear on my RCOTS character, if I can't figure it out I'll ask in the mod's thread. Thanks again for the help.

Archived