Couple of problem

Hi everyone,

I'm having a couple of problems with Sexlab at the moment.

Problem #1: There seems to be an inordinate delay between when the PC strips and the NPC strips and the act commences.

Problem #2: A great number of the animations are misaligned... and I don't mean a little bit. In some cases, there will be a couple of metres between the people involved while they go through their respective animations.

Can anyone give me a tip or hint on how I can fix these problems?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled SL once already.

Thanks!

The first one sounds like script lag, meaning you have enough mods that run scripts it is slowing your computer down causing the delay.

For the second one it just is, you can use hotkey to fix the alignment. The newest versions of sexlab is suppose to remember the alignments, so if you use the hot keys to move the actors they should over time line up better and better from the start as you play.

The first one sounds like script lag, meaning you have enough mods that run scripts it is slowing your computer down causing the delay.

For the second one it just is, you can use hotkey to fix the alignment. The newest versions of sexlab is suppose to remember the alignments, so if you use the hot keys to move the actors they should over time line up better and better from the start as you play.

Cool - and I suspect this is a dumb question, but is there a simple way to work out which mods are giving me the script lag?

And if so, is there a way to cut this lag other than disabling the mods?

I am fairly new to moddding myself only been doing it now for about 5 months. With that said the only way I know to reduce script lag is to remove mods with scripts. As far as finding out which ones are  the cause, it isn't anyone one mod. The more mods with scripts you have the slower it will make the scripts run. Your best bet is to read the forums and notes of the mods you have and find the ones that are none for being heavy on scripts and then remove one of them.

As far as I know this is correct. skeletons don't use scripts but using other skeletons other than the suggested one can and will cause the alignments on animations to be further off cause the animations are made using that skeleton. So having a different skeleton could be part of your second problem you are having.

The first problem is most likely script lag and the only fix I am aware of for that is just removing some of the mods that are heavy on scripts or upgrade you computer so it is faster and handles the scripts better.

Thanks nutluck. I'm currently trying to work out which mods of mine have scripts. I briefly enabled script logging, but playing the game for 4 mins gave me a log file that was 2.7GB.

Something's clearly not right there. :)

Yeah you have something seriously wrong if you have a log file that large. To put it in perspective my logs are a couple of hundred KBs, so if yours are that large you have a serious issue with your game and that is likely the cause of your script lagging.

that wouldn't be from having a lot of scripts that is caused by something seriously wrong going on. On the plus side least now you know what the problem is and it is not having to many script mods but something gone horrible wrong. The bad news is trying to fix that.

If you make a brand new character and play a bit are the logs that big as well?

I would ditch that game altogether and start fresh. This means going to documents/my games/Skryim and just deleting the entire Skyrim folder. A new one will be generated the next time you run the Skyrim Launcher. This prevents garbage from old games getting into new ones.

I'd suggest a clean reinstall then switching to using Mod Organizer. This will prevent your game (Skyrim directory) from ever getting messed up, meaning you'll never need to reinstall the game again. Plus the function and capabilities of MO are freakin' awesome.

Any mod that changes something about how the vanilla game operates contains scripts. Things like SoS, Frostfall, Wet and Cold, Footprints, and some house mods like BBLS and Leveler's Tower can be just LOADED with scripts and dirty edits. Having a lot of scripts running then throwing in SL mods, which are also scripted, can lead to lag and crashes. It almost certainly will.

If you remove scripted mods the scripts stay baked into your game saves. The only real way to remove scripting is to also roll the game back to a point prior to having those scripts running. So if they've been there from the very start you're SOL and only a new game (and maybe fresh install) will get away from them. You can also go to Skyrim/data/SKSE and create a file in there called "SKSE.ini" if you don't already have one. Then in that ini file add...

[General]

ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

Adding the clearinvalidregistrations=1 line is to gradually, over a long period of time, clear out orphaned scripts from mods that have been removed. I add it to my game at the very beginning and it won't cause any issues. It's a good thing.

In the Skyrim Technical Support there's a thread with some detailed instructions on how to make a stable, smooth install of Skyrim. Do yourself a favor and check that out. You'll end up with a Skyrim install that's more trouble-free than most would ever believe. I followed the steps there and have this installed game running two perfect games that are completely without problems (I use MO so I have two profiles set up with different mods running in each game as well).

Archived