Add Quest Console Command

So I tried searching online for this command and there doesn't seem to be anything out there to add quests. So I'm curious if this even exists, or I am just missing it somewhere.

I'm using Skyrim Quest Checklist and going for a completionist run this time around. I'm currently doing the Companions quests, but there is a quest that is eluding me and I haven't been able to receive it at all.

I have completed the main story, one of each side quest, and pretty much everything else. The one quest that I haven't received yet though, is Striking the Heart, where I have to kill a Silver Hand leader. Aela never offers this quest. She just keeps giving me Animal Extermination quests over and over.

I have also done the Totems of Hircine quest twice now, but she won't give me the third one yet either.

So since she isn't offering these quests, is there a way to add them? I've tried setstage, getstage, and even setquestcompleted, but none of them seem to work. I'm wondering if because they are radiant quests that I cannot add them. But then again, I haven't found any command to actually add quests. Just ones to modify them and set the stages.

So anyone know the command to add quests? Would like to get these two done so I can finish up Whiterun and move onto the next area. Thanks. :)

Update.

So I finally got the final Totems of Hircine quest after doing a few more Animal Extermination quests. So now I have all three of those.

But I still can't get Striking the Heart. It says this quest is repeatable, yet she never offers it. She just keeps giving me Animal Extermination quests. I have a feeling I missed my chance to ever get this quest, cause during our revenge part of the story, she only gave me Stealing Plans and Retrieval. Then sent me off to see Kodlak. I never got Striking the Heart. Now that I have finished everything (and I mean everything with the Companions), she doesn't offer this quest at all. Just Animal Extermination over and over.

I really want to get this quest done, and yet again, don't want to start all over again just to see if she will give it to me again. This is becoming tedious trying to deal with all these quest issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Can't you use "setstage <quest ID> <stage #>" to start a quest?

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Striking_the_Heart

So it should be setstage cr09 10 to start it I would think?

I know I've done this quest several times myself. But not sure on what else had to be done first or if it was just randomly handed out as you perform tasks. I believe only Aela can give that one, but maybe you have to take quests from one of the others first?

Can't you use "setstage <quest ID> <stage #>" to start a quest?

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Striking_the_Heart

So it should be setstage cr09 10 to start it I would think?

I know I've done this quest several times myself. But not sure on what else had to be done first or if it was just randomly handed out as you perform tasks. I believe only Aela can give that one, but maybe you have to take quests from one of the others first?

Like I already mentioned in my first post, I tried that. It didn't work.

And again, I've done everything else for the Companions. That is the only quest I haven't received yet. So any prerequisites I needed to fill, have been filled already. I've done Vilkas and Farkas as well, and a bunch of stuff for Aela as well. She just never offers that quest at all.

The Companions ARE a buggy bunch. So easy to break them. A friend of mine has only once been able to get the Totems of Hircine quest to start and that time it wouldn't give him howl powers when he used the totems! :lol: I've had Aela break more than once. Had them turn hostile on me for no apparent reason. All kinds of silliness actually.

Did you already kill the Silver Hand leader? Maybe not during a Companion quest?

The Companions ARE a buggy bunch. So easy to break them. A friend of mine has only once been able to get the Totems of Hircine quest to start and that time it wouldn't give him howl powers when he used the totems! :lol: I've had Aela break more than once. Had them turn hostile on me for no apparent reason. All kinds of silliness actually.

Did you already kill the Silver Hand leader? Maybe not during a Companion quest?

The only quests I have done, are the ones in Riverwood, Whiterun, and Rorikstead. This is a new game, and I'm going city by city for a completionist run. None of those areas have quests that send me out to kill any of the Silver Hand, except for the ones given by Aela.

I guess my only option is to just start over yet again and hope that Aela gives me all three Silver Hand quests this time, instead of just two. As there doesn't seem to be any solution to fix this issue.

I know you tried setstage, but what about Startquest cr09 BEFORE the setstage thing?

I'm in the middle of a magey play through, so don't have any of the pre-rec's to try it.

Pretty sure you are s.o.l. though if you already did "bloods honor" for Kodlak or "purity of revenge" with Vilkas.

I don't think I have ever gotten all 3 of those in one play through myself though.

Don't see how that would be an issue Gvman, as she has sent me to many places I've never discovered before for all her other radiant quests. As far as I know, you never have to discover a place in order to get a quest to go there. All radiant quests send you to a random location, whether you have been there already or not.

Tried startquest as well, but that did nothing. I don't even think it is an actual command, as it is not listed in the list of commands.

I remember on a few of my restarts, that I actually did get three quests from Aela before she sent me off to see Kodlak. Once you find Skjor, you get one quest there. Then she gives you two others right afterwards before seeing Kodlak. I swear I've had it that way every time, but this time, she only gave me two, not three. One after Skjor, then one when I got back and that was it.

What bothers me is it says "These quests are available after completing The Silver Hand and are repeatable", yet if they are repeatable, why can I not get them? And as well, how would they be repeatable in the first place after The Silver Hand, cause once Aela sends you to go see Kodlak, you can't get anymore quests from her. So I'm seriously stumped here.

I'll give it one more playthrough, and if it does it again, I'll just forget this whole completionist run. Seems like it is just not meant to be.

I mean that if she sends you on a quest, even an animal extermination, it will always be in a hold/region you've already been in. If you've never been in the Pale, for example, Aela's quests won't send you there. At least that's how it was meant to be. :lol:

I was just thinking that if her choice this play through would've been in a hold you've yet to discover she wouldn't give it.

Thinking on it now.. . startquest is probably an skse command >.<" 

Stopquest blah blah blah, then Startquest blah blah blah, is handy for MCM shenanigans.

Are you running the USKP? It makes edits to all 3 of those quests.

(quest spoiler, not that it really needs it anymore)

... so maybe they patched those quests so they don't come up after "Purity of Revenge" with Vilkas since you (optional) wipe the Silver Hand out.

I didn't dig through the ck to see what they did, I just looked at it in Tes5edit to see that they did edit it.

Edit:

/digs for stuffs

Yup if you're running USKP, then you haven't been able to get Silver Hand quests after "Purity of Revenge" since uskp v1.3.3 2013/07/20

Archived