Account creation trouble

thorgal.thorgal

Hi there,

I run in some trouble when creating my account: the creation page simply didn't allow any pseudo! No matter how it was written, the validation throw as error : "nopermission" post-375911-0-80216000-1394243750_thumb.jpg.

The way to circumvent this problem for me was to fill the form without selecting the textbox for the pseudo and keeping it for last (so that the check on writing(/unfocus) done by the js script isn't triggered at all) and validating with the keyboard touch 'enter'.

Looking at the code itself let me think it had to with a server side error since "nopermission" isn't a error code from the JS file, but I also checked the last members created and it doesn't look like this problem affect other people (3 new pages of new members since my account creation)...

Tested on firefox nightly chrome and IE.

new Ajax.Request(     ipb.vars['base_url'] + "app=core&module=ajax&section=register&do=" + ajax + '&mpid=' + ipb.register.memberPartial,
                            {
                                method: 'post',
                                parameters: {
                                    name: escape( name ),
                                    secure_key: ipb.vars['secure_hash']
                                },
                                onSuccess: function(t)
                                {
                                    var _t = t.responseText.replace( /[\s\xA0]+/, '', 'g' );

if( _t == 'found' )
                                    {
                                        ipb.register.showMessage( $(elem), ipb.lang['not_available'], 1 );
                                        return;
                                    }
                                    else if( _t == 'notfound' )
                                    {
                                        ipb.register.showMessage( $(elem), ipb.lang['available'], 0 );
                                        return;
                                    }
                                    else if( _t )
                                    {
                                        ipb.register.showMessage( $(elem), t.responseText, 1 );
                                        return;                                        
                                    }
                                    else
                                    {
                                        ipb.register.removeMessage( $(elem) );
                                    }
                                }
                            }
                        );

N.B. : using the debugger _t = "nopermission"

I have experienced the exact same problem.

The only way I was able to create an account is by using Twitter (presumably Facebook works too)

I've tried the Chrome JS console to set the text input's value directly, but that didn't do much; instead of showing the 'nopermission' message it just failed silently when I clicked 'Continue'

I've also tried the Tamper Data addon for Firefox to tamper with the incoming and outgoing HTTP requests on the Create Account page, but that didn't work either.

[...] and validating with the keyboard touch 'enter'.

I'm not sure what you mean there, can you explain?

~adamantbanana

I ran into the same confusing error when creating this account.

But it turned out to not be an actual problem for me.

When you described it as something that shouldn't really be there in the first place (not an error code from the JS file), I tried to simply ignore the little red thing and just fill out the form normally.

When I submitted the information, nothing (bad) happened and my account was created.

Archived