Needing a little bodyslide help...

Hello, so here is the problem, Bodyslide 2 has this annoying issue which deters people with Windows 8.1 to properly edit weights on the program. I don't know why, but again this wouldn't be the first time I put a problem in the "fuck me, right ?" category of my Skyrim technical issues mind folder. 
So, the armor is the "Dark Disciple" catsuit, and I was wondering if someone could be so kind as to edit the weights for me using my body nifs and the armor's meshes (that I'd provide by pm). 

Also, if someone managed to make the weight editing work on their Win8.1 setup, I'd love to know you did it since it crashes for me every single time. 

Thanks !

say what?? as far with body weight issues theres nothing to do with what windows ure doing, either u did some wrong somewhere when installing mod, some requirement is missing or the mod itself is wrong, normal workflow is copy the mod from zip to datafolder inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim

avoid any managers they screw all up most of times

Hello, so here is the problem, Bodyslide 2 has this annoying issue which deters people with Windows 8.1 to properly edit weights on the program. I don't know why, but again this wouldn't be the first time I put a problem in the "fuck me, right ?" category of my Skyrim technical issues mind folder. 
So, the armor is the "Dark Disciple" catsuit, and I was wondering if someone could be so kind as to edit the weights for me using my body nifs and the armor's meshes (that I'd provide by pm). 

Also, if someone managed to make the weight editing work on their Win8.1 setup, I'd love to know you did it since it crashes for me every single time. 

Thanks !

So I'm not an expert in this, but from what I've understood this is a known issue and Bodyslide is a program like any other, thus is dependent on the exploitation system you have. And it seems like Windows 8 and 8.1 tend to block things during weight copying, and even cause other issues with body building on Bodyslide, most probably because the program itself was created on a windows 7 system using computer. Thanks for trying to help and I don't want to sound like a dick but, just maybe, verifying your facts before saying something might actually help people theru. 

Would it bother you if I send you the nifs by PM FastestDog ? Thank you really :D 

then edit or run it with admin rights, also is bodyslide prepared for win 8, might be there the issue lies, i dunno i dont use weighslide program honestly but i do know nifs , u can find me here aswell as developer http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/index.php

So I'm not an expert in this, but from what I've understood this is a known issue and Bodyslide is a program like any other, thus is dependent on the exploitation system you have. And it seems like Windows 8 and 8.1 tend to block things during weight copying, and even cause other issues with body building on Bodyslide, most probably because the program itself was created on a windows 7 system using computer. Thanks for trying to help and I don't want to sound like a dick but, just maybe, verifying your facts before saying something might actually help people theru. 

Would it bother you if I send you the nifs by PM FastestDog ? Thank you really :D

No I mean when I say it's a known issue, I mean Caliente himself said it's a problem in his program on a Nexus board, and hasn't found a workaround. So if there was any way around it, he'd have said so since well, he's the one who's made the program and I (nor other people from what I'm seeing on the internet) haven't found a solution except asking other people to do it, or do it on a bodyslide installed on a friend's computer. 

No I mean when I say it's a known issue, I mean Caliente himself said it's a problem in his program on a Nexus board, and hasn't found a workaround. So if there was any way around it, he'd have said so since well, he's the one who's made the program and I (nor other people from what I'm seeing on the internet) haven't found a solution except asking other people to do it, or do it on a bodyslide installed on a friend's computer. 

The problem you describe isn't a windows 8/8.1 issue. It's just an incompatibility issue with most Intel integrated graphics chipsets and/or a few ATI and Nvidia cars on the newest version of OpenGL.

Caliente used an old legacy OpenGL version. This conflicts with newer drivers.

Temporary fixes: Downgrade your OpenGL installation, Or Downgrade your graphics drivers.

Both those options have their own risks and problems though :/

Bug Report here: http://code.google.com/p/bodyslide/issues/detail?id=85

Aye, the problem is that I'm on a laptop, so it's not a driver problem since well, I'm using the latest laptopt intel driver which is already really old. Can't downgrade OpenGL too, I seem to have some programs relying on the latest version and I don't want to ruin my setup. Thing is, weighting works correctly on an up to date intel computer with windows 7, strangely... There is a compatibility transformation option included in windows 8 though, I don't know if I should try it.

By the way blabba (sorry for double post, can't edit on my iPhone for some reasons) something weird happened, like I duplicated my body shape as per usual after deleting the one in the outfit in outfitstudio, then copied the bone weights from the body shape to the duplicated body in the outfit. After that, I tried to do the same for the outfit itself, and OS crashed. And now in game, the outfit is rigid but the body underneath is not, so the jiggle is kind of clipping hard through the outfit !

Does that mean I can copy weights to the body itself and not to an outfit ?

Aye, the problem is that I'm on a laptop, so it's not a driver problem since well, I'm using the latest laptopt intel driver which is already really old. Can't downgrade OpenGL too, I seem to have some programs relying on the latest version and I don't want to ruin my setup. Thing is, weighting works correctly on an up to date intel computer with windows 7, strangely... There is a compatibility transformation option included in windows 8 though, I don't know if I should try it.

Always try the compatibility option :) It can't hurt more now can it?

You can always try compatibility mode or the winxp version and see if you get anything. No guarantees though.

By the way blabba (sorry for double post, can't edit on my iPhone for some reasons) something weird happened, like I duplicated my body shape as per usual after deleting the one in the outfit in outfitstudio, then copied the bone weights from the body shape to the duplicated body in the outfit. After that, I tried to do the same for the outfit itself, and OS crashed. And now in game, the outfit is rigid but the body underneath is not, so the jiggle is kind of clipping hard through the outfit !

Does that mean I can copy weights to the body itself and not to an outfit ?

Try copying weights to outfit first (including the body mesh it came with)

Then delete the body mesh and try duplicating the reference body into the outfit mesh.

You shouldn't be copying weights to the duplicated body (it already has the weights) as that's probably is what is causing the crash.

OS doesn't handle overwriting weights too well (it sometimes works and it sometimes doesn't).

If you need to overwrite weight paints I highly suggest you use gerra6's mesh rigger as it is by far more accurate (at least in my opinion)

if all else fails. right click the program exe icon, select compatibility, then select, "run as admin" click apply and that should take care of it. i had a similar issue. i was able to slide and make the measurements jsut right but couldnt save any work. hope this helps

Archived