Migrating from NMM to MO

Guest Omega1084

Guest Omega1084

So I decided to move from NMM to MO after reading up on its features and realizing how useless and broken NMM is not to mention my hatred for the Nexus grows ever stronger.

I need advice and maybe if possible a way to do it safely.

I'm not against reinstalling Skyrim and all my mods, I have the patience and the time, just thought I could use a little extra help or something, maybe ask if there's an easier/quicker way. Skyrim is a big game and I have a lot of mods, it would take a while to reinstall everything. ^_^

Edit: Nevermind, figured it'd be best to start from scratch because of all the shit I've done to my game.

Guest Omega1084

Mhm, I moved all my compressed files and stuff to my desktop.

I'm currently uninstalling Skyrim to reinstall it again, after that's done I'll use MO to re-install all the mods.

Shouldn't take too long [:

Yeah, a clean install is best. That way you know there's nothing in your Skyrim directory at all. Be sure to go to documents/my games/Skryim and just delete the entire Skryim folder (unless you want to back up a save in there first).

You will need to install SKSE manually. But that's it. Everything else should install with MO just fine. Be sure to reference the MO thread in the non-adult section since it's a good source of info. There are videos posted there, too.

All that normally would go in 'data', can (and should) be installed with MO. That includes FNIS and everything inside SKSE folder.

Only SKSE binaries, SSME and ENB series and stuff like that that doesnt go in data but in the main skyrim root folder needs to be installed manually.

I just install FNIS at it comes and it works :s

Oh well, when you install some mods they are uncorrectly packed for MO. For example FNIS comes with two subfolders on top of the actual ones. When installing, you just right click on the one called 'Data' (not the main <data>!) and click 'Set as data directory' (or something of the kind) and voilà.

Guest Omega1084

Alright. Thanks. Was getting confused ^-^;

I'll get to it then, I might be back if I have some more questions.

Thanks for answering so quickly too!

I never would've gotten an answer out of the assholes in the Nexus =-=

I've asked questions on Nexus a few times (quite a long time ago). Never got any helpful answers and only even got anything at all once. It's sad.

But this place rocks! I had questions and they've always been answered quickly. I just LOVE this place.

Guest Omega1084

Damn it, I'm out of likes.

But yeah!

Those words, in that order.
I agree.

I think I understand Mod Organizer, now the only thing I don't get is why I didn't use it sooner.

It's so simple and it gives you so much control during an install, it's amazing.

Archived