NPC Not interacting with custom house

special

Hi all,

I have build npc's before and never had this issue.

So some info for you...

1, I have made a new house in CK, and a new NPC who own's the house.

2, I have attached DefaultSandbox sleep, eat, work etc to the NPC.

3, When placed in the house the NPC just stands in the same position and won't move around. I can talk to the NPC and get the generic "What can I do for you" response.

4, The custom house has Idle markers, beds and chairs.

5, I have set ownership of the items to the custom house faction which my NPC is a member of.

Could someone offer me some advice / help as to why my NPC won't move?

thanks in advance.

NOTE: I have even tried creating my own AI packages with schedules etc and the npc still won't move

Did you remember to Navmesh your custom house?

Oh hell... because I have no idea what that means, I'm gunna say Yes I forgot to do that!

I remembered about an hour ago that I saw a tutorial once with a guy building a dungeon and saying something about setting a boundary or something to tell the npc's were they can and can't go.

I guess this is what the navmesh is?

Will google it now.

If this turns out to be the problem then many thanks for the quick and precise reply :)

Did you remember to Navmesh your custom house?

Oh hell... because I have no idea what that means, I'm gunna say Yes I forgot to do that!

I remembered about an hour ago that I saw a tutorial once with a guy building a dungeon and saying something about setting a boundary or something to tell the npc's were they can and can't go.

I guess this is what the navmesh is?

Will google it now.

If this turns out to be the problem then many thanks for the quick and precise reply :)

Yep that did it... NavMesh now created and the NPC is walking about, interacting, following the schedule and everything.

Awesome, thanks a lot :)

Archived