Break Undies: Where to start?

Sophie Sinclair

Hello all,

First I have to say I'm a fan of being a victim in the game so "Break Undies" is perfect for me as a player. I've done a lot of downloading, and I've started to realize that you cant just drag and drop into the Data folders.

So I started to read about how you have to alter the INI file/s but then I just get more confused or frustrated. Now I begin to see ini files full of gibberish (^$%RFD#$%) type stuff. Thin I read about ini files in Japanese and of course I cant read this. So I've looked for ini files in pure english and have failed.

What I'm trying to figure out where is the best place to begin. I know others have had to already run into this and I dont want to re-invent the wheel, by chance does anyone have a pretty up to date BU ini file that includes most of the armors out there? If so can we share this sort of thing with the masses?

I'm sure I will have more questions as others respond and I will modify this post to help others that are as confused as I am.

ShiaNekoChan,

I love you! That was the one search I did not do.

So my next set of questions is all of these BU Dungions or locations. Does this mean the graphics will only work in those locations. I also used the spell BUDungion (I forget the actual name) but once I got in I could not get out. When I went to the pedistal (Big rock) and the glowie round thing on the floor, once activated, I could not read what the options were, once again it came up as gibberish.

Now that I have the ini file, what should I do next?

Sophie,

There is a thread dediated to BU armors and how to get them to work:

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=9

HINT: You need more than just an ini file!

Also note that BUDungeons is the DEEP end of the pool when it comes to modding. It is far more complicated to run (and keep running) than lovers. I'm am by no means trying to scare you off but rather just trying to brace you for a little frustration in getting things setup and working.

BUDungeons Thread: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=118

Hey Gregathit! That first link you gsve, I felt was mostly links for armor downloads. What I'm looking for is more of s 1,2,3 guide of sorts. I'll have to look further into that second link. The load order should be helpful. Once again I fear I downloaded a whole lot of files, but they are not compatible. Something like an eng version here, japanese version there, etc..

Sophie, the first link contains the link to get the BU framework mod (which is the 1st thing you have to have to start with).

As for a guide...if your talking about for break undies armors and getting them to work. Then the answer is no. Most armors are made by different modders who either took the time to pack them with an esp or (more often than not) just made mesh replacements for other mods. The more complete mods included the breaking mechanism in the esp or give you the code to insert into your ini file. The less complete ones just give you some meshes and maybe some textures if your lucky. If you really want to get into the Break Undies then your going to need to read quite a few of the pages in this thread as there are codes, instructions and trouble shooting throughout the 30plus pages. Some of the stuff will require you to add the armor to either your own custom esp or modify an esp you are already using to get the armor/clothing in game. I think there is even a all in one mod in there but I have never heard if it worked.

If you mean BU Dungeons...well that is a whole other animal altogether and should not be confused with Break undies armor.

If you are looking for a simple install that gets breakable armor into the game and doesn't require using the CS or other tools and won't give you fits getting it to work then check out this: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=25612

and then install the BU armor/clothing overwrite: http://www.4shared.com/archive/EkOtF5dw/HMB_beta3.html

You get dungeons filled with chicks to abuse and for the most part they are wearing breakable armor.....what is not to love :)

Gregathit,

You make me me happy and want to cry all in one post. Can I say I love to hate you or hate to love you ... hehe.

Thank you for letting me know what I am getting into. I think I will attempt to make a instruction page to help with this. I'll read into the two posts you have given me and see what I find, stay tuned for more questions. Oh, and thanks for volunterring in helping me with this project. You are the best!

I can see I will have much to research tonight, and for the record, I want to be the one in the dungeon who's armor is destroyed as I try to survive.

Archived