Fucking bugs! Kill dragon mini-quest Shearpoint

AlivEc0cK

Hi,

Well, this is one those things that hardcore gamers hate the most. You are happily exploring the game world and then you find a dragon keeping a shout safely. Then living dead wakes up and together fight against you. I fucking killed them like 40 hours of gameplay ago.

Now I arrived to Dawnstar, and the Inn's keeper gave me a reward note that says ''Kill the dragon at Shearpoint''. I take a look to the journal and the objective doesn't appear on the map. I say then ''WTF'' Then I remembered about that fucking dragon with that fucking living dead mage I killed loooooooong time ago. Do you know the funny part? I can't fucking end this side-quest because there is no dragon anymore because I already killed it. I think 40 real life hours of gameplay since I killed it it's enough time for it to respawn (1 hour=1 day in game time), plus the map marker doesn't appear; it only says ''kill the dragon at Shearpoint'' and there's no location for it on the map.

Fucking bugs man, fucking bugs.

Does somebody know the base ID for this quest and the required stage? Really, this has pissed me off a lot, I can't imagine what will happen if something like this occurs to the main-quest.

The dragon should respawn in a little while; I've had bounty quests to kill bandits/dragons/giants at camps I've cleared before, and in one particularly memorable incident, a dragon respawned at a cleared nest, he didn't give a soul but because he was just a Dragon and I was level 40ish at the time, I killed him while he was perched on the edge of the tower and his health dropped to zero, he had to fly around a little while before crash landing and then dying; he didn't give a soul but he dropped bones and I got to finish the bounty all the same.

(I think this may be the source of dragons not giving souls 100% of the time, somewhere in the game there must be some script for respawning dragons, but making sure players can't just farm nests for souls)

I ran in to a snag that was similar to this on my first play through. I went exploring and ended up killing some giant and he had a named war hammer on him, sadly I picked it up and boom, journal updated for me to return the hammer to some orc camp. Upon reaching the orc camp the quest sequence began and I went through all of it until it got stuck where I have to go clear the cave and kill the giant with some orc. I was to meet him at the cave but he wouldn't leave the camp as the game figured it was completed already.

Skyrim is very explorer un-friendly when it comes to quests and journal updates.

So the dragon should respawn? Well it doesn't, I have fast travelled to there again and there's no dragon, no map marker, no nothing.

What I have done for now is not speak to the inn's keeper at Dawnstar and ignore the mini-quest, instead of starting it, since is totally bugged for me.

I have tried to ''player.placeatme 10FEEC'' command to respawn a Frost Dragon at Shearpoint but that dragon won't do, the journal seems to ignore it and needs the real dragon. I have tried with the Blood Dragon and a normal one. Elder and Ancient are just too much for my character and is impossible that I had killed any of those back then.

So I'm stuck with this thing, I'll pass and make other things till someone tell the base ID of this mini-quest and the stage to make it advance because the dragon won't respawn, not when 40 (real life) hours of gameplay (or more) have passed.

So the dragon should respawn? Well it doesn't' date=' I have fast travelled to there again and there's no dragon, no map marker, no nothing.

What I have done for now is not speak to the inn's keeper at Dawnstar and ignore the mini-quest, instead of starting it, since is totally bugged for me.

I have tried to ''player.placeatme 10FEEC'' command to respawn a Frost Dragon at Shearpoint but that dragon won't do, the journal seems to ignore it and needs the real dragon. I have tried with the Blood Dragon and a normal one. Elder and Ancient are just too much for my character and is impossible that I had killed any of those back then.

So I'm stuck with this thing, I'll pass and make other things till someone tell the base ID of this mini-quest and the stage to make it advance because the dragon won't respawn, not when 40 (real life) hours of gameplay (or more) have passed.

[/quote']

When he said it would respawn, he meant that it should after a good few days of game time. Probably about a week game time just to be sure. Just wait 24 hours seven times, then travel back there.

EDIT: I should mention that he's right when he says it should respawn. I've run into dragon at Shearpoint multiple times, each time I hadn't been there in days of game time.

So the dragon should respawn? Well it doesn't' date=' I have fast travelled to there again and there's no dragon, no map marker, no nothing.

[/quote']

When he said it would respawn, he meant that it should after a good few days of game time. Probably about a week game time just to be sure. Just wait 24 hours seven times, then travel back there.

EDIT: I should mention that he's right when he says it should respawn. I've run into dragon at Shearpoint multiple times, each time I hadn't been there in days of game time.

40 hours of gameplay isn't enough time? I killed the dragon about 40 hours of gameplay ago!. 1 minute=1 hour. 24 hours=24 days, plus all the time I have slept or waited. I think the Dragon has had enough time to respawn. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think mathematics are really clear in this matter. I need the base ID to make advance the quest!

40 hours of gameplay isn't enough time? I killed the dragon about 40 hours of gameplay ago!. 1 minute=1 hour. 24 hours=24 days' date=' plus all the time I have slept or waited. I think the Dragon has had enough time to respawn. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think mathematics are really clear in this matter. I need the base ID to make advance the quest!

[/quote']

Look, I'm just saying, I have been to that location, encountered the same dragon, and have had him respawn multiple times.

Are you sure you have that location marked as "cleared"? One possibility is that the dragon won't respawn until the location has been "cleared".

If this doesn't work, maybe this will help you out:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Bounty:_Dragon

Though I suspect it may not work even then, as I had a similar issue with a bounty for a bandit chief I had killed just prior. No amount of advancing the quest fixed the issue. I was forced to start from an earlier save.

40 hours of gameplay isn't enough time? I killed the dragon about 40 hours of gameplay ago!. 1 minute=1 hour. 24 hours=24 days' date=' plus all the time I have slept or waited. I think the Dragon has had enough time to respawn. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think mathematics are really clear in this matter. I need the base ID to make advance the quest!

[/quote']

Look, I'm just saying, I have been to that location, encountered the same dragon, and have had him respawn multiple times.

Are you sure you have that location marked as "cleared"? One possibility is that the dragon won't respawn until the location has been "cleared".

If this doesn't work, maybe this will help you out:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Bounty:_Dragon

Though I suspect it may not work even then, as I had a similar issue with a bounty for a bandit chief I had killed just prior. No amount of advancing the quest fixed the issue. I was forced to start from an earlier save.

Yes, Shearpoint is ''Cleared'' Man I have explained it, I killed that living dead mage, learnt the shouts and killed the dragon that was protecting them. It has elapsed far more than 3 weeks of in-game time, enough time for the dragon to respawn.

I'll try to set the quest stage manually with the information given at the wikia, thanks for it btw. I just hope to have more luck than you because I don't have an earlier save game anymore, and even if I would, I wouldn't start again from there. I have done TOO MANY things in the game. It would be mostly like starting the game again from the beggining.

Edit: no luck. When I set the stage to Collect bounty from Jarl, that objective doesn't get completed and the quest stays open forever. Also, when I talk to the innkeeper, he gives me the same quest again, and this happens in an endless cicle. I can end the quest, but a new one with the same objective (kill the dragon at Shearpoint) will be offered at the inn and the ''Collect bounty from Jarl'' objective, will stay as not completed even if I talk to the Jarl and collect the bounty.

Thanks for the help anyway. I think I'll leave this for a later time in the game and just ignore it for now. Maybe the next patch fixes it

might not be the case but I know there were mods that altered respawn timings in the game. I don't know what mods you have installed (if any) but is it possible that a mod you have installed has adjusted the respawn timer and is now causing this issue? It's just a shot in the dark here really.

Something similar happened to my game.

I was supposed to kill an undead leader in a tomb, but it just lay on the ground dead with a pointer on its head.....That tomb is cleared, all undead respawned except the leader. I "resurrect" it and kill it, the quest journal updated but I get the "draug" eye glowing effect in return.......very weir.

Talking about dragons, I've seen several of them not releasing soul especially those killed by magic. Sometime a dragon bone(or other dead bodies) just drop on top of me when I get out of a cave or something.

Talking about dragons' date=' I've seen several of them not releasing soul especially those killed by magic. Sometime a dragon bone(or other dead bodies) just drop on top of me when I get out of a cave or something.

[/quote']

These are common bugs. The dragon skeleton appearing near you when you come out of a cave can sometimes happen when you've killed a dragon in the vicinity. It'll bug out and respawn there. You can see a similar effect if you kill a dragon inside of a town, say, Riverwood, and then enter & exit a building. The dragon skeleton will come falling down from some height each time. Mainly it seems to be a bug with the loading of the area.

Those bugs you talk about, guys, happened to me too. But those are minor bugs, nothing serious. Quest bugs are serious and have the hability fuck up your playthrough

I don't have any mods that alter respawn timing, the only mods with ESP I use are deadly spells impacts and realistic water textures. Those aren't dragon or respawn related but texture and graphics related.

Archived