Defeat, Submit, or SD?

thtnnmsg

SD is almost exclusively PC submission and only works with certain factions although it's the most fleshed out.  I use all three with SD set to kick in at around 15% health and defeat at 10% to catch what SD doesn't.  I use submit for it's dialog and surrender options.  Prison Overhaul is another one you'd probably be interested in.

I prefer a combination of submit (plus that submit + devious devices mod) and SD, with submit set so that it never automatically triggers player surrender. That way I get the player raping or sexing npcs at my leisure, enslavement from SD, and the ability to surrender manually, which is useful when I'm in the middle of a quest dungeon or something and I don't want SD to start up the "enslaved" quest. I also still manage to get killed a reasonable number of times, as SD won't trigger with every sort of enemy (and sometimes NPCs take too long to de-aggro and kill me anyway) and setting submit to never auto-surrender means there's no safety-net if SD doesn't trigger ensalvement. The submit + devious devices mod helps add to the long term consequences of surrendering, since my character could end up being forced to wear a gag, chastity belt, or armbinder and may be a long way away from her keys in Lakeview Manor.

I've tried Submit, and it's good for the most part. Is there any mod with *more* bondage though?

I also tried the Devious devices + sexlab submit, but decided against using it, as it's pretty annoying to try and have my character wear her skin-tight armor but have the chastity belt/ bra awkwardly clipping through.

So all three of these mods are compatible? That's something I didn't know.

I've tried Submit, and it's good for the most part. Is there any mod with *more* bondage though?

I also tried the Devious devices + sexlab submit, but decided against using it, as it's pretty annoying to try and have my character wear her skin-tight armor but have the chastity belt/ bra awkwardly clipping through.

So all three of these mods are compatible? That's something I didn't know.

I can appreciate your sentiment on the clipping issue. It's always weird to run into an NPC with those two big metal boob plates clipping through their shirt. Unfortunately I'm not aware of anything besides devious devices + submit that provides a comparable amount of bondage.

I used Defeat myself and it's nice up until it prevents you from progressing. Submit is solid except you can't go anywhere until you break free. SD is very interesting for its PC Dialogue and Enslavement. I personally prefer Defeat with Random Attacks and Dangerous nights with a hint of Devious Devices.

For the most part the three mods don't conflict.  I like aspects of all 3, though none is quite perfect for my tastes (but that's just me).  All three have authors who've put in a lot of hard work, and more updates are coming, so what follows may not apply, and is just my personal take to boot.

-Defeat is best for immediate combat rape.  It allows you to tie up a victim, but it's just a temporary thing.  They stay put, and you can untie them and rape them, but afterwards they'll try to run away.  For player as victim, it works much the same - bad guys rape you, then you have a chance to run away.  Defeat also offers the possibility for NPC on NPC rape, which can lead to some humorous situations mid fight.  Major pros:  Special options when targeting sleeping NPCs.  Cons: No way to keep targets bound (though there is a plan by the author to create a separate linked mod where you take your victims prisoner to a stronghold, see the "Dirty Deeds" thread).

-Submit works better for tying up.  Unlike Defeat, it involves the target (player or NPC) getting tied up afterwards.  This can lead to multiple rounds for a player victim, and allows you to take your victims back and turn them in for a bounty (whereupon the guards generally kill them in cold blood), or just molest them again later.  The Deathproof option seems a little problematic at the moment - I presently had to uninstall the current version as I was having issues even with it turned off, though this might just be some conflict in my mod setup.  Submit also includes very robust dialog options to try and persuade NPCs to sleep with you, which is potentially worth playing with just by itself, in my opinion (and if I wasn't having other issues that I suspect the Deathproofing to be related to I'd be using it - and will try again with the next release).

-SD is definitely a much more in-depth slavery mod, though solely for the player as victim.  Definitely use SD+ if you do, the old version of original SD hasn't been updated in a while.  It's much more in-depth with the interactions, and you can wind up with the player enslaved to pretty much any intelligent humanoid.  Lorewise it's supposed to only trigger after completing Sanguine's quest, but the MCM allows you to start it even without that.

I would honestly try all three, though I'd suggest taking a look at SD+ first.  Hope this helps!

So all three mods are pretty much tied for the lead (heh, get it?).

I looked at the Dirty Deeds thread, and it looks like Defeat is going to get a big update. Defeat doesn't have player slavery, however. They just sortof rape you and then leave you alone, or so I've heard. If Defeat added a feature like Submits tie up after rape, I'd probably use it.

Yeah, that's probably the one thing I think that's missing from Defeat.  Based on what you've said you're looking for, I'd say go for SD+, possibly with one or both of the others as an add-on for extra functionality.

• 2 months later...

I'd have to say submit is the best. I used all 3 at one point and SD has a lot of compatibility issues with the other mods. You can really use more than one as long as you have the parameters set properly. I use defeat for the companions and submit for myself. I disabled the defeat player victim entirely, and have submit primarily using that.

Guest GuyWhoAbruptlyDisappeared

I use Defeat. SD prevented death, which I did not like, because I have my own mod that replaces death (Player Death Overhaul, WIP).

Defeat has the most believable combat rape system. Everyone has you, then they try to kill you again after they've robbed and raped you. 

For non-combat rape, I have Dangerous Nights, and a number of mods I created for myself.

I've been using all of them at once for one specific aspect or another.  SD for player slavery (SD+ fixes a number of problems the original had and allows many more NPCs to enslave the player.  Just about all of them, I think.), defeat for simple combat rape and submit for its consensual dialogue and occasionally for its different handling of combat rape as an aggressor.

Defeat has a major rewrite and right now functions mostly the way it did before only tweaked with a few more options like a resist chance etc.

But what is coming is faction based quests sorta. Where the PC will be captured and what they do to you after the initial rape fest will vary from faction to faction. Like what bandits decided to do will be different than what Witches do etc. Keep in mind the new version is in beta and will likely be a month or more likely 2-3 months before all the factions get added and finished.

I also believe unless I am remembering wrong that Defeat will add a plugin for SD+ as well eventually.

Either way you can use all three for different things. No matter how good Defeat gets I will still always use Submit as well, for the player seduction part.

I prefer defeat, but now i use submit in combination with the Devious devices progression mod.

Devious devices progression uses zaz bondage poses which makes is perfect for bondage enthousiasts like me.

Archived