[Idea/Req] Spells like in Oblivion

urielmanx7

The title says it all, a mod that lets you use spells like in oblivion, that is, not having to sacrifice your equipped weapon/shield to equip the spell. I was thinking how a Cleric would be in Skyrim, you know, heavy armor, shield and a mace, casting restoration school magic, then I remembered that in order to cast the spells you would have to be switching your mace or shield, and I was reminded that in Oblivion you can cast a spell no matter what you're carrying on your hand.

So, basically, is there a mod that does that? Or is it impossible to do?

There's this spell in the Apocalypse package, it remembers one of your favorite spells and throw them at enemies periodically without you needing to unequip your weapons. Makes some sick combos too, I remember I used something like fire ray coming out of your eyes, and when I was fighting with my sword and my shield, I'd randomly spew out superman's death rays

What kind of controller are you using? If you're just using a 360 controller and no software for it then it may be hard to map the keys. But if you're using a Logitech or similar then you can just use Logitech Profiler or JoyToKey software to map the function to the D-pad or something.

I am using a Logitech and "x360ce" emulator. This also allows some key/button assignment.

Archived