Q: ECE & Racemenu

Eu4orick

I've not tried this out of fear of screwing up my characters somehow,

But I've heard people being able to use both these mods installed at the same time, if so how does it work? Which is shown first or does one just overtake the other etc. I personally have ECE running but would like to try get the plugin capable-ness of tattoos, warpaints and makeup etc that Racemenu seems to dominate with and have more control of I'n guessing.

This setup below works for me. I have lots of sliders that works ( I use vanilla race's ) and I can apply custom overlays from RaceMenu ( change colours,transparency etc ).

Keep this in mind im using an older version of ECE ( no vertex editing sadly ) and I'm kinda afraid to move to the new version either.

Q6Zo5LF.jpg

The general way that I've found to get full 'ECE' support along with racemenu is kind of a workaround until racemenu incorporates the vertex editing function.

Here's how you do it:

1. Install ECE and RaceMenu and all their dependencies

2. Activate ECE ONLY!

3. Go In-game and edit your character.

4. Exit the showracemenu and save.

5. Disable ECE and Enable all Racemenu Plugins

6. Load up your savegame, ignore warning about missing files.

7. Use Showracemenu to add tattoos and whatever else.

8. Play game.

The above is tried and true for latest versions of both (well at least for me).

I just quit using ECE cuz I hate the added race and also because I am sure the new features will be added into RaceMenu sooner or later.

(The dev behind RaceMenu has already released screenshots of this functionality in his comments thread)

Archived