Leashes: Are they possible?

Surrealism

As the title says, is it possible within the technical potentials of Skyrim to add an actual leash that would attach from an NPC to another NPC's/player's collar and/or vice versa? I've done some looking around, I haven't found much about this. Pretty sure it's been thought of though.

Lots of mods have an invisible leash to put it shortly that keeps the player within a certain distance of the NPC. I'd love to be able to see an actual leash so I'm hoping it's possible to do.

Now that HDT has come around and stuff is being made for that it is possible to create a more realistic leash.

Without HDT i cant imagine a leash would look very good. Unless the player and actor were locked into certain animations when walking or doing anything.

I've been pretty amazed thus far at what HDT physics can do, so that's nice to know. I thought maybe that was possible to use for the physics part. I can see how getting the leash to attach where it's supposed to and be where it's supposed to be could be an annoying challenge to overcome though.

It makes me wish I had some semblance of computer knowledge in this area so that I could take a stab at it  :-/

Archived